Serpent's Shadow, The (Elemental Masters)

by Mercedes Lackey | Science Fiction & Fantasy |
Registered by winghyphen8wing of Honolulu, Hawaii USA on 10/2/2013
Journal Entry 1 by winghyphen8wing from Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Sunday, October 20, 2013
Maya Witherspoon is the daughter of a British physician and a Brahmin sorceress who grows up to follow in her father's footsteps. When she finds herself orphaned, she travels from India to Edwardian London in an attempt to avoid her parents' fate and learn how to use her own magic.

Other copies on my BookCrossing shelf: 6508295 10088976 10449249

Journal Entry 2 by winghyphen8wing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Saturday, December 21, 2013

Released 7 yrs ago (12/20/2013 UTC) at Honolulu, Hawaii USA

Headed out in quietorchid's Medicine Chest IV.

Journal Entry 3 by quietorchid at Saint Paul, Minnesota USA on Saturday, January 25, 2014
Came home in the Medicine chest IV. Looks interesting.

This was good. I haven't read a Mercedes Lackey in years. This is a new series, sort of set in a steam punk atmosphere, except with magic rather than sf hardware. Basic story is a young woman with an English father and Indian mother sets up shop as a doctor in England.

Interesting look at the prejudices, class structures, and society of early Victorian times.
Fly far little book.

Released 7 yrs ago (5/10/2014 UTC) at Little Free Library - Dale St (#710) in Saint Paul, Minnesota USA

Left on the shelf to find a new reader!

Welcome to Bookcrossing, where Books roam freely! I hope you enjoy the book, and leave a journal entry so I can see where the book ended up. You can remain anonymous if you'd like, or join and follow the book's travels throughout the world. The site is free, secure, and non-spamming. Take a look around, and then go read!