Orcs

by Stan Nicholls | Science Fiction & Fantasy |
Registered by GateGypsy of Ladysmith, British Columbia Canada on 9/27/2013
Journal Entry 1 by GateGypsy from Ladysmith, British Columbia Canada on Friday, September 27, 2013
Goodreads summary:
"Look at me. Look at the Orc."

"There is fear and hatred in your eyes. To you I am a monster, a skulker in the shadows, a fiend to scare your children with. A creature to be hunted down and slaughtered like a beast in the fields.

It is time you pay heed to the beast. And see the beast in yourself. I have your fear. But I have earned your respect.

Hear my story. Feel the flow of blood and be thankful. Thankful that it was me, not you, who bore the sword. Thankful to the orcs; born to fight, destined to win peace for all."

This book will change the way you feel about Orcs forever.

((This book was purchased as a gift for nimrodiel, a friend at bookobsessed.com, when she won the Summer Sweepstakes.))

Journal Entry 2 by wingnimrodielwing at Evanston, Illinois USA on Friday, September 27, 2013
This was the first book that I received that was marked as a sweeps book. It confused me a bit, as I had guessed it came from GateGypsy even though it was through a third party. I had her name as the sweeps winner as she was the decoy. So, I wasn't sure if I was the winner or the decoy...

I've wanted to read this for awhile. I saw it at the used bookstore but was already buying too many books. It of course was gone the next time I went into the book store.

Thanks so much for the book.

Journal Entry 3 by wingnimrodielwing at Evanston, Illinois USA on Friday, June 07, 2019
I read this back in July of 2018! I never journaled it as read. This was good. I remember it took me a month or so to get through as it is a massive tome. But I loved it. I really enjoyed that it told it's story from the point of view of a race that is usually portrayed as the bad guys. This was a great book.

Released 4 mos ago (6/17/2019 UTC) at Little free library #44604 - Custer and Linden Place in Evanston, Illinois USA

Left in the Little Free Library.