State of Wonder

by Ann Patchett | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by Megmac of Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on 9/26/2013
Journal Entry 1 by Megmac from Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on Thursday, September 26, 2013
I wanted to love this as much as I did 'Bel Canto' and 'Patron Saint of Liars' but it left me cold for some reason. Very thought-provoking though.

Journal Entry 2 by Megmac at The Carriageworks Theatre in Leeds, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Thursday, September 26, 2013

Released 6 yrs ago (9/28/2013 UTC) at The Carriageworks Theatre in Leeds, West Yorkshire United Kingdom

Travelling with me to Uncon 2013 in Leeds.

Journal Entry 3 by Samrana at Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on Saturday, September 28, 2013
I too have been very keen on other Patchett books
Looks like it has been on a journey from Birmingham to Leeds, but will now make a return trip!

Journal Entry 4 by juliako at Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on Thursday, January 01, 2015
Great book, and I thought it got better as it went along - right to the end! I am really pleased to have found this one.

Released 5 yrs ago (3/28/2015 UTC) at Yorks Bakery Cafe - Newhall street in Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom

Released at BC Birmingham Meet up.
If you have found this book I hope you enjoy it. You might like to write a little about what you thought about it by making a Journal Entry (you can do this anonymously if you wish) and then pass it on, or leave for some other lucky reader to find…. If you make release notes then previous readers can get to know where you left it. Register with bookcrossing and then you can follow its journey….. Happy Reading.

Journal Entry 6 by wyldetwo at Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on Thursday, April 09, 2015
Picked this up at the last BCBrum meetup, sorry for not journalling before! Now taking it on a trip to Oxford ... may take it home again though!

Journal Entry 7 by wyldetwo at Bookcrossing Convention 2015 in Oxford, Oxfordshire United Kingdom on Thursday, April 09, 2015

Released 5 yrs ago (4/10/2015 UTC) at Bookcrossing Convention 2015 in Oxford, Oxfordshire United Kingdom

I am bringing this book to the 2015 BookCrossing Convention in Oxford. If not taken by one of the attendees, it may end up getting released somewhere in Oxford on Sunday 12th April.

If this is your first experience with BookCrossing, thanks so much for picking up this book and coming to the BookCrossing website to find out what it's all about. Welcome to the addictive world of BookCrossing!

I look forward to hearing what you thought of this book, and of your plans for it.

Journal Entry 8 by teachie at High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire United Kingdom on Sunday, April 12, 2015
Picked up from the book buffet, I will journal again when I have read it.

Journal Entry 9 by teachie at High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire United Kingdom on Sunday, January 26, 2020
I thought this book took a long time to get going. But once I got into it I enjoyed the storyline.
I will be taking this book with me to next London meet up.