Walk Across the Sea

Little Free Library
by Gletcher Susan | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by authorauthor of Alexandria, Virginia USA on 9/24/2013
Journal Entry 1 by authorauthor from Alexandria, Virginia USA on Friday, October 18, 2013
I'm registering this kids' book in memory of Becky -- the daughter of a friend and fellow BookCrosser, ResQgeek -- who was tragically killed in August 2010 at the age of 9.

Becky's love lives in you! Live her love by sharing Becky's hugs! Visit the Becky's Hugs page at Facebook. http://www.BeckysHugs.com

Released 5 yrs ago (10/20/2013 UTC) at Little Free Library #9136 - W Alexandria & Hancock in Alexandria, Virginia USA

I'm adding this to the collection in my Little Free Library, at the corner of West Alexandria Ave. and Hancock Ave., in the Del Ray neighborhood of Alexandria. Please come by, browse the bookshelf, and take a book (or several). If you have books to donate, bring them by and place them inside. When you're finished reading a Little Free Library book, you can choose either to keep it, to return it to this or any other LFL, or to give it away. No strings. No limits. No fees. No memberships. Just BOOKS!

Spreading the joy of reading, through BookCrossing and Little Free Libraries!

See www.littlefreelibrary.org/ for more details about Little Free Libraries.

********************************

Welcome to BookCrossing!

If you pass it on to someone or leave it "in the wild" for someone else to find, please make another journal entry or release notes here to explain that it's traveling to find another home.

You can remain anonymous on the website or join BookCrossing. Joining is free, safe, and spam-free and you'll get an e-mail every time a new person finds this book and logs in on the site to say so. You'll be able to watch it move around and find out where it's been and what other readers thought of it.

I hope you enjoy the book. Happy reading!

Journal Entry 3 by authorauthor at Alexandria, Virginia USA on Saturday, December 09, 2017

Released 1 yr ago (12/10/2017 UTC) at Alexandria, Virginia USA

Giving this one away at the BC-DC holiday party.

********************************

Welcome to BookCrossing!

I hope you enjoy the book. Happy reading!

Journal Entry 4 by wing6of8wing at -- Mail or by hand-rings, RABCK, meetings, etc, Virginia USA on Monday, January 01, 2018
I selected this book based on the first line "To come to our home in the lighthouse, we had to walk across the bottom of the sea." A book for young readers involving history AND lighthouses is right up my alley and will not be too demanding in the face of my soon to be busy schedule.

Journal Entry 5 by wing6of8wing at -- Mail or by hand-rings, RABCK, meetings, etc, Virginia USA on Monday, February 19, 2018
An interesting story about coming into your own, set against a historical clash of cultures. The themes of racial hatred and resentment and divisions within one group of people over how another should be treated are sadly too appropriate for the current political climate. Eliza lives in a lighthouse on the northern California coast with her mother and father and goat. Trouble arises in town because of recently arrived Chinese immigrants who are viewed as heathens out to steal the jobs of the town folks. But Eliza can see their humanity and the injustice of this attitude.

Released 10 mos ago (4/22/2018 UTC) at Day of the Book (street festival) on Howard Avenue in Kensington, Maryland USA

This book is one of many being passed along to potential readers at the Kensington Day of the Book Festival by members of BookCrossing in Washington DC (BCinDC).