Fantasy Lover (Dark-Hunter World)

by Sherrilyn Kenyon | Science Fiction & Fantasy |
Registered by wingrainbow3wing of Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on 9/23/2013
Journal Entry 1 by wingrainbow3wing from Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Monday, September 23, 2013
Cover: ‘Fantasy lover is fabulous!’ TERESA MEDEIROS
It might sound like a man’s favourite fantasy – to live forever, destined to be the lover of thousands of women. But for Julian of Macedon, it’s a nightmare. Once he was a proud Spartan general, now he’s a love-slave, his essence magically held captive in a book, cursed to spend all eternity pleasing women. Then, one day, Grace Alexander summons Julian to fulfil her passionate dreams – and sees beyond the fantasy the man himself.

Long years as a sex therapist, listening to other people’s bedroom problems, has taken a lot of the fun out of the physical side of love for Grace. She’s remarkably understanding about Julian’s situation – and that’s disconcerting for all concerned. With or without sex, the rules of the enchantment cannot be changed. Julian is hers for the next month. And, as their time together slips by, Julian and Grace find more to share than sympathy and conversation – and they begin to wonder if love might be within their grasp. That leaves one question is love enough to break a 2,000-year-old curse?

FANTASY LOVER by SHERRILYN KENYON (2002) (Dark-Hunter prequel) ISBN: 978-0-749-93613-6 (UK) PUBLISHER: Piatkus

Journal Entry 2 by wingrainbow3wing at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Thursday, October 10, 2013
Again a hot & cold mood of like & dislike comes to me on reading Sherrilyn Kenyon’s novels. I do wish I could put it into words, so again another attempt… Intrigue and irritation seem to accompany my attempts to enjoy reading Keynon’s work but yet I will persist in picking her work again.

Consistently the dialogue teeters between undemanding and inane, and yet there are flashes of terrifically appealing tenderness, and so I read on. I find while her plots are acceptable and the execution is not completely clumsy the lack of depth and her tendency to ignore anachronisms irritates the bejesus out of me as do the inconsistencies in her character portraits. Generally I finish her books feeling so frustratingly sure key elements of depth are missing I am at a loss to explain why I keep reading them? Maybe it’s just the steamy sex scenes that attract, they work!

Journal Entry 3 by wingrainbow3wing at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Thursday, October 10, 2013

Released 5 yrs ago (10/10/2013 UTC) at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom

Planned post later today, 10/10/2013 to: JustMe_Lore as a BookCrossing RABCK - this is a surprise extra as I cannot send Storm Heart yet it is at my mother’s house in another city and will have to travel separately. Meanwhile, enjoy this!

Journal Entry 4 by JustMe_Lore at Hoogstraten, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium on Thursday, October 31, 2013
Nice surprise :D thanks a lot!