Miranda's Masquerade: AND Gifford's Lady

Registered by wingrainbow3wing of Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on 9/23/2013
Journal Entry 1 by wingrainbow3wing from Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Monday, September 23, 2013
MIRANDA'S MASQUERADE & GIFFORD'S LADY (Regency Lords and Ladies Collection 10) by MEGAN ALEXANDER, CLAIRE THORNTON (2006)
ISBN: 978-0-263-84426-9 (UK)
Publishers Mills & Boon (Historical)

Cover: The Regency - Two Glittering Regency Love Affairs

MIRANDA’S MASQUERADE by MEG ALEXANDER (1997) – Believing Lord Adam Heston was about to propose, Fanny Gaysford refused to see him. Reluctantly her identical twin Miranda agreed to pretend to be Fanny and accidently found herself betrothed! Worst still, if Miranda revealed the truth, she would lose the one thing that now really mattered to her – Adam!

GIFFORD’S LADY by CLAIRE THORNTON (2002) - Miss Abigail Summers watched in shocked fascination as a man leaped naked from the house across the way. Fighting his own nightmares, Sir Gifford Raven was a man of action, not comfortable in Bath’s polite society. Yet impulsive Miss Summers intrigued him and he knew she could help him drive his devils away…

Journal Entry 2 by wingrainbow3wing at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Monday, September 23, 2013
Allocating ratings - usually a brain tease for me it so depends on my mood and that can be as mercurial as the wind, hey ho. Swithered here, I liked Giffords’s Lady better than Mirandas‘s Masquerade and I was going to pitch this at total of 6/10 but I have just realised I have now held onto this for a great many months so I could read it again (and that now a total of three times) as a mood lifter so 7/10 seems fair enough!

MIRANDA’S MASQUERADE by MEG ALEXANDER (1997) – (6/10) - Amusing fribble of a novella, with suspension of belief required but that is unsurprisingly rewarded with course a happy ending but not before an amusing caper of hidden identities and awkwardly fired libidos have our main characters in a confused lovers knot.

GIFFORD’S LADY by CLAIRE THORNTON (2002) – (7/10) - Life is trickling along at the same old pleasant pace for Abigail when fascinated surprise over a new neighbours ‘personal attributes’ and identity gives way to fascinated delight. A shockingly brutal betrayal from another follows giving way in its turn to a highly confused misunderstanding between Abigail and Gifford till appealingly tenderness holds sway, but only after both resolutely pursue revelations to sweep away misunderstandings - all very satisfactory!

Journal Entry 3 by wingrainbow3wing at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Wednesday, October 09, 2013

Released 5 yrs ago (10/1/2013 UTC) at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom

To: JustMe_Lore as an organised RABCK (along with two other books)
---------------------
POST OFFICE PARCEL TRACKING – check: www.postoffice.co.uk
Posted at: Post Office, 20 Elm Row, Edinburgh. Lothian EH7 4AA
Date & Time: 01/10/2013 17:30 Session ID: 2-247112
Dest: Belgium (EU) Quantity: 1 Weight: 0.667 kg Airmail Small Parcel

Journal Entry 4 by JustMe_Lore at Leuven, Vlaams-Brabant / Brabant Flamant Belgium on Monday, October 28, 2013
I can't wait to read this book!

Journal Entry 5 by JustMe_Lore at Janseniusstraat in Leuven, Vlaams-Brabant / Brabant Flamant Belgium on Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Released 5 yrs ago (1/16/2014 UTC) at Janseniusstraat in Leuven, Vlaams-Brabant / Brabant Flamant Belgium

Because of the exams and a really busy life, I'm going to let this book go before I have read it. I hope the person who finds it reads it and let it go again