The Sandman: The Wake

by Neil Gaiman | Graphic Novels |
Registered by futurecat of Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on 9/22/2013
Journal Entry 1 by futurecat from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Sunday, September 22, 2013
From a box of books a friend was getting rid of.

^ ^
=+=
v

Journal Entry 2 by futurecat at Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Saturday, March 21, 2015

Released 4 yrs ago (3/21/2015 UTC) at Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand

Given to another bookcrosser at today's meetup.

(It looks like I never made a journal entry on this book after I read it - probably because it mostly confused me. I suspect Sandman is one of those series you're supposed to start at the beginning with, not just read a random volume that falls into your hands...)

Happy bookcrossing to the finder!

^ ^
=+=
v

Journal Entry 3 by NiceOrc at Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Sunday, March 22, 2015
I was very excited to find this book at the Chch Bookcrossing meet up! It is the 10th in the Sandman series. I hadn't read any Sandman for years, but its easy to pick up at this point. The illustrations are amazing, meeting the challenges set up in the strolling by Gaiman (grey deserts with exploding fireworks, a series of different dark environments, and several iconic historical or mythological characters). There are unexpected plot twists and characters in these stories, including a foray into Shakespeare with The Tempest. This was an entertaining way to spend a dreary Sunday afternoon. I will release it back into the wild soon.