Freedom

by Jonathan Franzen | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by marsala of - Ergens in de provincie, Noord-Brabant Netherlands on 9/21/2013
Journal Entry 1 by marsala from - Ergens in de provincie, Noord-Brabant Netherlands on Saturday, September 21, 2013
Hi and Welcome to Bookcrossing!

If you found this book and are not familiar with BookCrossing, thanks for checking the site out. Welcome! Enjoy both the book and the site.

People all over the world are tracking their books through BookCrossing.

I really hope you'll journal this book! You can stay anonymous if you like. You can journal the book right now! You don’t have to read it first. Ideally, you will post a journal now saying that you’ve found this particular book, then read (and hopefully enjoy) the book. When you’re done reading, come back here and let us know when and where you will pass the book on to another reader. Give a review if you’d like. If you journal it, you can come back anytime to track its journey.

If you decide to join – and it’s FREE - please consider using me, Marsala, as the member who referred you. If you are already familiar with BookCrossing, thanks for picking up the book.

Either way, I hope you'll make a journal entry so all previous and future readers can track this book's journey. Happy reading and Happy BookCrossing!

Journal Entry 2 by marsala at - Ergens in het centrum in Groningen, Groningen Netherlands on Friday, September 27, 2013

Released 7 yrs ago (9/28/2013 UTC) at - Ergens in het centrum in Groningen, Groningen Netherlands

Releasing this book at a meetup in Groningen at Café De Beurs. With a note of recommendation!

Journal Entry 3 by wingdutch-bookwing at Heerenveen, Fryslân (Friesland) Netherlands on Sunday, September 29, 2013
Took this book with me, because of the recommendation. To be read, ofcourse.

Journal Entry 4 by wingdutch-bookwing at Heerenveen, Fryslân (Friesland) Netherlands on Wednesday, January 13, 2021
Excellent book. It was so real. All the characters were despicable but towards the end they found back some of their humanity, like they had finally found their place in the world and had learned who they were supposed to be.

I really enjoyed the looping back and how each persons story was intertwined with the other one and how the author shaped this in the book. Also the two stories about how the Berglunds left places and how different these leavings were from each other. The author is a remarkable craftsman who knows how to tell a story that could be someones actual life story.