The Widow's War: A Novel

by Sally Gunning | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingT02S03B11D20wing of Springport, Michigan USA on 9/19/2013
Journal Entry 1 by wingT02S03B11D20wing from Springport, Michigan USA on Thursday, September 19, 2013
How Wonderful!!! You found my book and cared enough to make an entry telling me it is in your care. Thank you for that! Please feel free to read and enjoy it. After that, it is up to you whether you keep it, or set it free to seek another adventure. Please feel free to explore the site. And, if you decide to join, (which is of course, free) you may use T02S03B11D20 for your referring member. Thanks again and have a great day!

Journal Entry 2 by wingT02S03B11D20wing at Keizer, Oregon USA on Thursday, September 19, 2013

Released 6 yrs ago (9/19/2013 UTC) at Keizer, Oregon USA

There is a game on the rabck forum called Wish List Tag. Usually, you grant a book from someone's wish list and then someone grants a wish from yours. Some people have asked for it to be a "pay it forward" tag. For the person I was tagging, I choose to grant you a book on your list. We would love to have you come and play the game with us. Please check it out!

Journal Entry 3 by loriped at Keizer, Oregon USA on Friday, September 27, 2013
Received this in the mail today and what a lovely surprise! Thank you so much for selecting me to receive a wishlist book. I will definitely stop by to check out the Wish List Tag forum.

Journal Entry 4 by loriped at Keizer, Oregon USA on Monday, February 29, 2016
Married for twenty years to Edward Berry, Lyddie is used to the trials of being a whaler's wife in the Cape Cod village of Satucket, Massachusetts—running their house herself during her husband's long absences at sea, living with the daily uncertainty that Edward will simply not return. And when her worst fear is realized, she finds herself doubly cursed. She is overwhelmed by grief, and her property and rights are now legally in the hands of her nearest male relative: her daughter's overbearing husband, whom Lyddie cannot abide. Lyddie decides to challenge both law and custom for control of her destiny, but she soon discovers the price of her bold "war" for personal freedom to be heartbreakingly dear.

Includes the fascinating "story behind the story" of The Widow's War.

Journal Entry 5 by loriped at Keizer, Oregon USA on Monday, February 29, 2016
I enjoyed reading this story and the author's notes behind the story. I hope that I can one day take a trip to Cape Cod and see for myself where so much of our nation's history began.

Sending off to a birthday girl.

Journal Entry 6 by zosime at Marshfield, Wisconsin USA on Saturday, March 12, 2016
Thank you so much, Lori! I sent this book to someone for a birthday years ago, and it has been on my wishlist ever since. I can't wait to read it!