Big Girl Panties: A Novel

by Stephanie Evanovich | Romance |
Registered by NMReader of Herndon, Virginia USA on 9/15/2013
Journal Entry 1 by NMReader from Herndon, Virginia USA on Sunday, September 15, 2013
Welcome to BookCrossing! It's a site for catching and releasing books and spreading the good karma of reading! Please make a journal entry when you FIND this book and let previous readers know how you came upon it. You may remain anonymous on this site if you like but it's very safe and spam free. We leave FREE books around for others to stumble upon...they read, and then re-release in a public place for someone else to enjoy. Of course you're welcome to keep the book if you prefer but it's more fun to watch them travel and to hear from them once in a while. I hope you enjoy the book but I especially hope you enjoy BookCrossing.

"Every book, every volume you see here, has a soul. The soul of the person who wrote it and of those who read it and lived and dreamed with it. Every time a book changes hands, every time someone runs his eyes down its pages, its spirit grows and strengthens ..."

Carlos Ruiz Zafon (The Shadow of the Wind)

Journal Entry 2 by NMReader at Herndon, Virginia USA on Sunday, September 15, 2013
B&N Overview

Holly didn't expect to be a widow at thirty-two. She also didn't expect to be so big. After her husband's death, food was the one thing she could always count on. Now, those extra pounds make flying coach feel like medieval torture—especially when she's squished next to Logan Montgomery. A personal trainer to famous pro athletes, her seatmate is so hot that he makes Holly sweat in all the right (and so embarrassingly wrong!) places.

Logan finds himself intrigued by Holly's sharp wit and keen insights, so he impulsively offers to get her back in shape. Holly turns out to be a natural in the gym, slimming down into a bona fide looker with killer curves—and a new kind of hunger. Before either of them can stop it, the easy intimacy of their training sessions leads to even more steamy workouts away from the gym. But can a man whose whole life depends on looks commit himself to a woman who doesn't fit his ideal? Now that Holly's turning other men's heads, does she even need Logan anymore? Are they a couple built to last…or destined to fizzle?

Journal Entry 3 by NMReader at Herndon, Virginia USA on Thursday, September 26, 2013
I have offered this book as a bookring.

The rules for this ring:
My rules for passing on this book are as follow:
1) When you receive the book journal its arrival.
2) Email the next participant for their address
3) Take your time and enjoy the book but if it will be longer than a month, please journal so we know it hasn't been lost or forgotten.
4) Tell us what you think about it
5) Pass it on by hand or post with tracking to the next reader.
6) Make release notes when you send it.

Ring order:

Bkind2books US Shipping
MyssCyn US Shipping
Southernfryed US Shipping
Dove-i-libri US Shipping
JennyC1230 US Shipping
sunflowergalmmb

Journal Entry 4 by NMReader at Herndon, Virginia USA on Wednesday, October 02, 2013

Released 7 yrs ago (10/1/2013 UTC) at Herndon, Virginia USA

I dropped this book at the PO to start it on its way as a bookring.

Tracking Number: 9114901159815560104385

Journal Entry 5 by wingBkind2bookswing at Clarksville, Tennessee USA on Saturday, October 05, 2013
Got here today - it will be next in line on Mt TBR. So hopefully I should get started on this by early next week.

Journal Entry 6 by wingBkind2bookswing at Clarksville, Tennessee USA on Friday, October 18, 2013
I really enjoyed this novel - it was a pleasant surprise! I found that there was a lot to be said about not taking anyone at face value. Both of the main characters grow to learn a lot about themselves and each other. Holly is a recent widow - she lost a husband who had rescued her from a horrid home life. She boards a flight in Toronto and is aghast to have to squeeze into a seat next to the very handsome and fit Logan. Logan and Holly strike up a conversation and despite the fact that he has no need for another client he offers Holly his services as a personal trainer. Holly, displaying a remarkable amount of guts, takes him up on his offer and over the next few months begins to lose weight and gain control of her life. Logan and Holly slowly develop a respect and liking for each other and when Logan's best friend Chase (a hottie who's also a world class athlete) and his wife catch wind of this friendship, they meet and begin to invite her to ball games and dinners. Logan is so handsome - and he has depth too, but he is unprepared for a woman like Holly. Holly is a great character - funny, smart, compassionate - and as she sheds pounds others begin to realize this. Even Chase and Amanda are more than the public facade - and yes, some of that side story is deliciously naughty. This was loads of fun and perhaps the author can give us the backstory on Chase and Amanda next as they were as much fun as Holly and Logan. This debut novel had romance, plenty of steamy bits, and humor.

Will get this mailed out on Monday

Journal Entry 7 by wingBkind2bookswing at Clarksville, Tennessee USA on Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Released 7 yrs ago (10/22/2013 UTC) at Clarksville, Tennessee USA

I will get this out this week if things go ok. I was in a 4-car pile-up yesterday and while there were no serious injuries, it looks like our truck was totaled. So we're down to one car until we can get shopping for new one.

Left this afternoon (10-29-13)

Journal Entry 8 by wingMyssCynwing at San Antonio, Texas USA on Saturday, November 02, 2013
This came in today as I was heading out to the store with my husband.
I waited in the car and read while he shopped. Not sure if I'll be able to make it through this one. Throbbing shafts, kitten claws and hickeys make me yawn if not well written.
On page 18 and I'll either finish fast or give up. Let you know tomorrow.
Thanks for including this fussy old woman in this ring.
Sorry about your truck Bkind. I think you're correct that they'll total it. Don't sign a thing until you are sure your back and neck are ok!!!

Journal Entry 9 by wingMyssCynwing at San Antonio, Texas USA on Sunday, November 03, 2013

Released 7 yrs ago (11/3/2013 UTC) at San Antonio, Texas USA

The author found her voice a few chapters in. I think she was trying to imitate her mom's writing style but that doesn't seem possible.
This was a cute story of boy meets girl, helps her fix some personal issues then she saves him from himself. I liked the light BDSM play of their friends and how she reacted to being treated that way. Totally "real" reaction for many a strong woman.
Passing on to Southernfryed.
Thanks for including me. This book will be my inspiration for mailing the other things I currently owe.

Journal Entry 10 by wingSouthernfryedwing at Lexington, South Carolina USA on Wednesday, November 13, 2013
Book arrived today and at a great time, I'm not currently reading anything other than Bible Study, devotions and magazine articles.

11/26/2013
I really struggled with this book-at least the first half. I guess I wanted it to be more like her Momma's writing. On the other hand, one month ago there was an unexpected death in my family and I haven't really read anything since. I'll be passing this book on to dove-i-libri in the next few days.

Journal Entry 11 by wingSouthernfryedwing at Lexington, South Carolina USA on Friday, November 29, 2013

Released 7 yrs ago (11/29/2013 UTC) at Lexington, South Carolina USA

dropped in the mail

Journal Entry 12 by wingDove-i-Libriwing at Fort Myers, Florida USA on Thursday, December 12, 2013
Well, well, well! Look what had arrived over the weekend. Dad-i-libri just gave it to me when he got home from work. It was in his car! As it JUST so happens, I am between books. Starting it right now! These big girl panties will be on their way soon!

Dec 20, 2013: Finished. It was, well, cute, i guess. I'm not into all the steamy stuff and it was just a little bit too strained at the whole tongue in cheek humor, I think. A fun and easy read, but I don't think I'll be seeking out future books by the same author.

January 2, 2014: Rec'd JennyC1230's address and the book will be in the mail next weekend!

Journal Entry 13 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Thursday, January 23, 2014
The book is here! I will read this one soon and pass it on. Thanks!

Journal Entry 14 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Tuesday, January 28, 2014
My Review: I liked the book overall, I really loved the main characters. The only thing I had a problem with was the ending, it was a bit weird and rushed. It didn't seem to fit the characters. I don't want to give it away, but I don't think I'm the only one. It felt like she was writing the ending to make it ready for a Hollywood romantic comedy movie. I would definitely read more from this author, though.

I sent Sunflowergalmmb an address request since she's next.

Update: Feb. 4 - I have the address for Sunflowergalmmb, I'm sending this book in a few days.

Released 7 yrs ago (2/10/2014 UTC) at ~~~ ♥ ~~~ A Friend ~~~ ♥ ~~~, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

Mailed to sunflowergalmmb via media mail. Enjoy the book!

Journal Entry 16 by sunflowergalmmb at Depoe Bay, Oregon USA on Tuesday, February 18, 2014
I was excited to discover this book in my mailbox this afternoon after arriving home from a weekend getaway. I have a few library books that I need to start and finish before I'll have a chance to get to it, but it definitely looks like something I'd enjoy reading and I'm anxious to give it a try. Thanks, Jenny, for sending this book my way!