The Night Before Christmas

by Scarlett Bailey | Romance |
ISBN: 0091943388 Global Overview for this book
Registered by mirthful of Trondheim, Sør-Trøndelag fylke Norway on 9/9/2013
Journal Entry 1 by mirthful from Trondheim, Sør-Trøndelag fylke Norway on Monday, September 09, 2013
I felt like a light read around the holidays, preferably one with a little holiday cheer thrown in, and when I read about Scarlett Bailey’s The Night Before Christmas on some blog or other (I really need to get better at noting down WHERE I find these tips) it seemed like the perfect sort of thing.

And it would have been too, except for my “I don’t really read chiclit anymore” hang-up.

Because it is chicklit. Not that there is anything wrong with that, per se, but well, I don’t know.

However, this is a perfectly charming book, as these things go. The Christmas cheer is present and correct, the tangled love-life of Lydia, our heroine, just as complicated as it needs to be to fill a couple of hundred pages, and the plot is not utterly predictable. So I did read it all the way through, and rather enjoyed it, too.

Journal Entry 2 by mirthful at OBCZ Kafe Gjest Baardsen in Trondheim, Sør-Trøndelag fylke Norway on Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Released 3 yrs ago (8/18/2015 UTC) at OBCZ Kafe Gjest Baardsen in Trondheim, Sør-Trøndelag fylke Norway

Har hatt opprydding i hylla og det er på tide at denne får reise videre.