Cold Flat Junction (Emma Graham #2)

Make the World a Library!
by Martha Grimes | Mystery & Thrillers | This book has not been rated.
Registered by Tribefan of Wake Forest, North Carolina USA on 9/9/2013
Journal Entry 1 by Tribefan from Wake Forest, North Carolina USA on Tuesday, October 15, 2013
Hotel Paradise and its twelve-year-old heroine, Emma Graham, were hailed by Booklist as "superb...beyond genre...one of the year's best!" Emma's quirky, mysterious, laugh-out-loud story, and her pursuit of old secrets in the cobwebbed corners of a once-fashionable resort hotel, added up to a novel that enchanted readers and drew comparisons with the work of both Barbara Vine and Henry James.In Cold Flat Junction, the irrepressible and intuitive Emma is still obsessed with the "accidental" drowning of an adolescent girl, forty years ago. She seeks to unravel the mystery of the drowning and the unsolved murders that wind back to it. Extraordinary range and depth, singular characters, and intricate suspense make this yet another book that "only the magnificent Martha Grimes could have written...brilliantly rendered and superbly textured" (Andrew Vachss).

Journal Entry 2 by Tribefan at RABCK, RABCK -- Controlled Releases on Thursday, November 07, 2013

Released 5 yrs ago (11/7/2013 UTC) at RABCK, RABCK -- Controlled Releases

RABCK going to nimrodiel for wild release at a Litlle Free Library!

Journal Entry 3 by wingnimrodielwing at Evanston, Illinois USA on Saturday, November 16, 2013
Your box of books for the little free library made it here safely. I will be dropping books off after the semester ends in a few weeks.

This may need to be read before releasing. It sounds quite good.

Journal Entry 4 by wingnimrodielwing at Evanston, Illinois USA on Thursday, January 25, 2018
This took me awhile to read. The mysterybwas good, Emma (the protaganist) is precocious and smart. However the story didn't grab at me right away so I read a bit then set the book down and then read a bit more. In the end I'm glad that I stuck with it. But it was slower readingnfrom me than usual.

Released 1 yr ago (1/26/2018 UTC) at Little free library #44604 - Custer and Linden Place in Evanston, Illinois USA

Left in the Little Free Library.