Sharpe's Fortress

by Bernard Cornwell | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by 666Izzy of Ipswich, Suffolk United Kingdom on 9/7/2013
Journal Entry 1 by 666Izzy from Ipswich, Suffolk United Kingdom on Saturday, September 07, 2013
I've been swapping 10p for a book at the East Anglian Air Ambulance charity shop again.

Journal Entry 2 by 666Izzy at CoffeeLink, Neptune Marina in Ipswich, Suffolk United Kingdom on Saturday, September 14, 2013

Released 6 yrs ago (9/14/2013 UTC) at CoffeeLink, Neptune Marina in Ipswich, Suffolk United Kingdom

Local BookCrossers meet, from noon on the second Saturday of every month, at Coffee Link, on Neptune Quay. Why not come along and join us? We're easy to spot - we're the people sitting round a table covered in books!

Journal Entry 3 by BookGroupMan at Ipswich, Suffolk United Kingdom on Sunday, January 12, 2014
I thought I had read the whole Sharpe series, but I didn't recognise this late one, 1803 set in India - i'll have to check my records ;) Thanks for sharing Izzy.

(10/01/15) The third 'retrospective' Sharpe novel, at the end of Wellesby's (Wellington) victories in India, before they both move on to the European theatre. Of course Sharpe is an unrealistic gung-ho figure doing incredible superhuman things to help defeat the impregnable fortress at Gawilghur. But it's fun nonsense, and I feel like i'm learning a bit of history as well ;)

Journal Entry 4 by BookGroupMan at CoffeeLink, Neptune Marina in Ipswich, Suffolk United Kingdom on Saturday, January 10, 2015

Released 4 yrs ago (1/10/2015 UTC) at CoffeeLink, Neptune Marina in Ipswich, Suffolk United Kingdom

I'm taking this along to the Ipswich meet-up, to share. Enjoy :)

Journal Entry 5 by Semioticghost at Herrick House waiting room in Colchester, Essex United Kingdom on Friday, October 16, 2015

Released 4 yrs ago (10/16/2015 UTC) at Herrick House waiting room in Colchester, Essex United Kingdom

This book is to be left in the waiting room at Herrick House on East Stoickwell Street in Colchester!

If you are the finder, you can make a journal entry here - you can remain anonymous if you want! I hope you enjoy the book and that you'll get a chance to leave it somewhere else for someone else to find in due course. There is an old (but still very informative) article on bookcrossing to be found here:

If you like the idea of bookcrossing, more free books can be found in Colchester bookcrossing zones:

Slack Space, Eld Lane
Love Coffee Aroma, High Street
Purple Dog, Eld Lane
Foresters Arms, Castle Road
Hospital Arms, Crouch Street
15 Queen Street
Fox Pub, Layer de la Haye

Ipswich bookcrossing zones:
Caffe Nero, the Buttermarket, (upstairs on the mantlepiece)
The Greyhound pub on Ivry Road (shelf opposite the bar)
Coffee Link, Neptune Marina (upstairs, book case on far wall)

Please do stop for a coffee or drink while you're there.