A Canticle for Leibowitz

by Walter M. Miller jr. | Science Fiction & Fantasy |
Registered by eastbaybookmisr of Oakland, California USA on 9/4/2013
Journal Entry 1 by eastbaybookmisr from Oakland, California USA on Wednesday, September 04, 2013
1982 Bantam paperback of the 1959 fantasy classic. This was on my list of best to read when I found this copy today in the Maybelle Little Free Library.

Edit April 4, 2020: I generally go along with post-apocalyptic tales, but the density of this one plus the heavy religion element of it really had me only skimming it. I don't like to go back a thousand years for my future tales. Especially when the future religion emulates what amounts to a minor one of the past, in the grand scheme of humanity's spiritual models. So that seems weakly unimaginative, for a book of imagination in a field of futurist fantasy. I currently have this ranked at #1381 on my ranked list of best-read books lately.

... in the box.

Please look her up on Google and YouTube. You can also follow her on Facebook and Instagram, among other platforms.