Treasure Island (Collins Classics)

by Robert Louis Stevenson | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by 4evagreen of Furness Vale, Derbyshire United Kingdom on 9/3/2013
Journal Entry 1 by 4evagreen from Furness Vale, Derbyshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, September 03, 2013
Found on a train so decided to give it a new home as it's years since I last read it.

Journal Entry 2 by 4evagreen at Furness Vale, Derbyshire United Kingdom on Thursday, April 30, 2020
Treasure Island is an iconic adventure pirate story, it is the book that almost everyone has had in our childhood and is chock full of all the images of pirates we know today whether it be in literature or cinematography: dreadful Captain Flint, cunning John Silver with his peg leg, talking parrot, rum and the song about the dead man’s chest. All these characters can be seen in today in modern works like “The Pirates of the Caribbean” series. Despite being first published in 1883 is still an interesting and entertaining read today whether you are a child or an adult.

"Fifteen men on a dead man's chest-
Yo-ho-ho, and a bottle of rum!"

Journal Entry 3 by 4evagreen at Whaley Bridge, Derbyshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, May 05, 2020

Released 4 mos ago (5/5/2020 UTC) at Whaley Bridge, Derbyshire United Kingdom

Going out as part of a Wishlist tag thread. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 4 by wingclaudia_amorimwing at Donabate, Co. Dublin Ireland on Wednesday, May 13, 2020
Thank you for sending this on! It’s one of those classics that has been on the to read list for too long, looking forward to finally ticking it off.

Journal Entry 5 by wingclaudia_amorimwing at Donabate, Co. Dublin Ireland on Tuesday, May 26, 2020
Another classic that I had yet to read... finished it last night and I have to admit I’m not sure if I enjoyed it or not...

One hand the story can be exciting at times but it also felt quite rushed. I guess it was good that it didn’t drag too much but it also felt like Stevenson was in a hurry to get the sorry out and didn’t dwell much on descriptions or back stories or any of those fillers that although not really needed sometimes are a nice way to pace the story...

Either way I didn’t think of it as a waste of time, it was worth taking the time to read and get to know the story that has inspired many pirate tales!

Journal Entry 6 by wingclaudia_amorimwing at Donabate, Co. Dublin Ireland on Tuesday, July 28, 2020

Released 1 mo ago (7/28/2020 UTC) at Donabate, Co. Dublin Ireland

Going to the winner of the latest classics sweeps! Not far to travel so should be a quick little journey!

Journal Entry 7 by wingestelle1806wing at Clonsilla, Co. Dublin Ireland on Wednesday, August 05, 2020
Thank you very much, claudia_amorim, for this classic I haven't read yet + the card, cat drawing and fresh lavender! x