The Elegant Gathering of White Snows

by Kris Radish | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by nada50 of Baltimore, Ontario Canada on 8/26/2013
Journal Entry 1 by nada50 from Baltimore, Ontario Canada on Monday, August 26, 2013
Anyone has belonged to a group of women from every walk of life will relate to this book - makes one want to start walking!

Journal Entry 2 by nada50 at Cravings Market Restaurant in Calgary, Alberta Canada on Monday, August 26, 2013

Released 5 yrs ago (9/14/2013 UTC) at Cravings Market Restaurant in Calgary, Alberta Canada

Enjoy & pass along!

Journal Entry 3 by Crataegus at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Friday, September 27, 2013
Uh oh. I expressed interest in one book of two but I think I got the other! I might end up reading it anyways.

Journal Entry 4 by Crataegus at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Tuesday, December 10, 2013
An interesting feel-good read about a group of eight women who drop everything in their life suddenly and do what all women in one way or another want to do - leave on an unexpected and unknown adventure. They take off that night and start walking north - Nowhere in particular. They discover the strength of their friendships and love for one another and manage to heal themselves from wounds they've gathered over their lifetimes and inadvertently inspiring those that cross their path.

I liked the stories of the individual women. These I could read with a sense of empathy. When the men and the news articles and the outside women started, these I found rather forced. I kinda wish the author just stick to the main eight women. But still an interesting fluffy read.

Will be brought to the next Calgary book crossing meetup and handed off to anyone that's interested in it.

Journal Entry 5 by MoomaOma at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Wednesday, December 18, 2013
Picked this up at the December bookcrossing meeting

Journal Entry 6 by MoomaOma at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Monday, August 04, 2014
An interesting read but I found that is dragged on a bit and somewhat far fetched. I enjoyed the stories about the individual women of the group and how they supported one another. And as the book states numerous times who doesn't just want to chuck it all and leave at one point or another in their life. But how they affected the greater community seemed a little too unrealistic for me.

Journal Entry 7 by MoomaOma at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, October 11, 2014

Released 4 yrs ago (10/11/2014 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Taking this book to the October BookCrossing meeting to be enjoyed by the next reader

Journal Entry 8 by fracula at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, October 11, 2014
Picked up at the October meet-up of Calgary BookCrossers, held at Cravings Market Restaurant.

Journal Entry 9 by fracula at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Wednesday, February 18, 2015
I totally concur with both Crataegus and MoomaOma. The first part of the book was great and some of the stories compelling.

But, with the introduction of all the peripheral characters I found myself skimming paragraphs. A new character would be introduced and then dropped. I was, however, moved by one of the final stories with the psycologist and the sheltered nun.

Lots of food for thought.

Journal Entry 10 by fracula at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, March 14, 2015

Released 3 yrs ago (3/14/2015 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Released at the March meet-up of Calgary BookCrossers at Cravings Market Restaurant.

Journal Entry 11 by megami-no-ushi at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Monday, March 16, 2015
Picked up at the March meeting.

Journal Entry 12 by megami-no-ushi at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, September 09, 2017

Released 1 yr ago (9/9/2017 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Taken to the September meeting: Not my Cup of Tea. I'm not sure if it was the bight pink cover that turned me off, but it was one that I decided to give 50 pages to. And it was another that surprised me this month and I really enjoyed!

To the finder:

Journal Entry 13 by sing-song at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, September 09, 2017
Picked this up at the Sept. meetup at Cravings.

Journal Entry 14 by sing-song at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Monday, July 02, 2018
What a great book. even though you hear sad stories that the women have had in their life - this is the story of reaching beyond that and healing. Thanks for the great read.

Journal Entry 15 by sing-song at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Friday, July 13, 2018

Released 4 mos ago (7/14/2018 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

I am taking this to the July meetup at Cravings!

Journal Entry 16 by wingcrossingguardmawing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, July 14, 2018
Safely in my hands

Journal Entry 17 by wingcrossingguardmawing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, October 06, 2018
I just couldn’t get into this book, so after 86 pages, I did something I have never done before...I read the ending. As I had read enough to get the gist of the book, the epilogue made a tidy summary for me, leaving me feeling comfortable enough to give the book up!

Journal Entry 18 by wingcrossingguardmawing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, October 13, 2018

Released 1 mo ago (10/13/2018 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

I am taking this book to our monthly bookcrossers meet up at Cravings - the second Saturday of every month- to pass on to the next reader.

Journal Entry 19 by B-Lynn at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Wednesday, October 17, 2018
to be read