Pall in the Family (A Family Fortune Mystery)

by Dawn Eastman | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by buffyfan of Rochester, New York USA on 8/20/2013
Journal Entry 1 by buffyfan from Rochester, New York USA on Tuesday, August 20, 2013
I haven't read it, and this is a first in the series.

Journal Entry 2 by buffyfan at -- Wild released somewhere in the state, New York USA on Tuesday, August 20, 2013
This is on my TBR list. I have a few books before this one. So far the order is:

Stephario- USA Only.
NMReader - USA
Jenny1230

Journal Entry 3 by Stephario at Decatur, Alabama USA on Thursday, October 10, 2013
This arrived today (10/10/13). As soon as I finish State of the Onion, I'll get it read and off to the next participant. Thanks BuffyFan. This one looks fun!

Journal Entry 4 by Stephario at Decatur, Alabama USA on Saturday, October 19, 2013

Released 7 yrs ago (10/18/2013 UTC) at Decatur, Alabama USA

Mr. Stephario took this one to the post office this morning along with a bunch of others to be sent off today. It should have already started its journey to NMReader. Thanks buffyfan for including me in this ray. I really enjoyed this book and can't wait until more come out in the series.

Journal Entry 5 by NMReader at Herndon, Virginia USA on Tuesday, October 29, 2013
I will take this with me on my business trip - looking forward to reading

Journal Entry 6 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Friday, November 22, 2013
Thanks for passing it on to me! This looks interesting. Where does it go next?

Journal Entry 7 by buffyfan at -- Wild released somewhere in the state, New York USA on Saturday, November 23, 2013
Jen-You're the last on the list, do with it as you will.

Journal Entry 8 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Wednesday, January 15, 2014
Book #1 in the Family Fortune Mystery series: The aptly named Crystal Springs is the destination for tourists seeking psychics, séances, and the promise of contacting the spirit world. In this small western Michigan town, everyone knows the Fortune family. Rose is gifted with tarot card readings. Her sister, Vi, is a self-proclaimed pet psychic. And Rose's daughter Clyde is…

A cop. A cop on leave from Ann Arbor, more specifically, who's come home to kooky Crystal Springs to reevaluate her life. Mom and Aunt Vi can't wait for Clyde to finally embrace her own psychic gifts and join the family business. Clyde would prefer the low-stress lifestyle of a dog walker and the low-key company of her nephew, Seth.

But when a local psychic is killed, leaving behind a traumatized Shih Tzu, it seems to be in the cards for Clyde to get involved. With her old flame Mac leading the investigation, that may prove awkward. Whether she uses her skills as a cop or her long-denied psychic abilities, it's up to Clyde to divine a killer's identity before someone else suffers more misfortune.

My Review: This was a fun book! I like the fortune telling/tarot card reading/seance part of the book. I don't know much about it, but it made for a fun eccentric family and town to play the main character off of. Clyde (aka Clymestra) is a cop from the big city of Ann Arbor, something happened there that caused her to leave. As the story goes on you find out more about that and how it's affected her. Looking forward to reading more from this author. I want to see what happens to the characters next!

Released 7 yrs ago (1/15/2014 UTC) at ~~~ ♥ ~~~ A Friend ~~~ ♥ ~~~, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

Sending to my friend Heather in Arkansas. I think she might like to read this book.