Who has seen the Wind

by Canadian-W.O. Mirchell | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by uppity of Chilliwack, British Columbia Canada on 8/17/2013
Journal Entry 1 by uppity from Chilliwack, British Columbia Canada on Saturday, August 17, 2013
from SFM for release.

One of my favourite authors and one of my favourite books.

W.O. Mitchell died in February of 1998, millions mourned his passing. Our loss was the lead item on the national news, many newspaper obituaries ran for a full page, and as an extraordinary mark of respect, flags outside government offices across the land flew at half-mast.

The man they mourned – and everyone in the Canadian book world whose life he had touched was personally saddened – was known above all as the author of Who Has Seen the Wind. And this edition – containing the full text – marrying W.O. Mitchell’s text with the art of William Kurelek, has established itself as a classic.

Since its publication in 1947, Who Has Seen the Wind has established itself in the hearts and minds of millions as a Canadian classic. The reasons for the book’s classic status are not hard to find. As readers enter the world of four-year-old Brian O’Connal and his family and friends, they find characters that radiate life so convincingly that the book has a life of its own. No ordinary simple novel, it is the ageless story of childhood told with tenderness and humour and without sentimentality, and the picture of a small town anywhere, drawn with realism and understanding.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Journal Entry 2 by uppity at Chilliwack, British Columbia Canada on Saturday, June 22, 2019

Released 2 yrs ago (6/22/2019 UTC) at Chilliwack, British Columbia Canada

Welcome to the wonderful and wacky world of Bookcrossing.
You found a book left here for your reading enjoyment.
Explore the SPAM FREE website and find out all about us.
Let us know where you found it so we know how far it has travelled.And let us know what you plan to do with it.
R
param name="bgcolor" value="#ffcc00"/>
to the Bookman in exchange
[Enjoy
A Random Act of Book Kindness

Uppity

Journal Entry 3 by uppity at Chilliwack, British Columbia Canada on Friday, August 21, 2020

Released 1 yr ago (8/21/2020 UTC) at Chilliwack, British Columbia Canada

Welcome to the wonderful and wacky world of Bookcrossing.
by mail to Jody and David
Explore the SPAM FREE website and find out all about us.
Released week 35 "work" in the Never Judge a Book by its Cover Challenge