A sharp rise in crime

by John Creasey | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by tenetene of Salt Lake City, Utah USA on 8/13/2013
Journal Entry 1 by tenetene from Salt Lake City, Utah USA on Tuesday, August 13, 2013
A classic British mystery, Adam West of the Yard. An ex-library book.

Journal Entry 2 by tenetene at Salt Lake City, Utah USA on Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Released 7 yrs ago (8/13/2013 UTC) at Salt Lake City, Utah USA

moving on~~~

Journal Entry 3 by wingerishkigalwing at Salt Lake City, Utah USA on Tuesday, August 13, 2013
Finally gave this a go~ Good story, I'd read more if they came my way, but not ones I'd go in search of.

from Wikipedia:
John Creasey/J. J. Marric

Perhaps ranking just behind McBain in importance to the development of the procedural as a distinct mystery sub-genre is John Creasey, a prolific writer of many different kinds of crime fiction, from espionage to criminal protagonist. He was inspired to write a more realistic crime novel when his neighbor, a retired Scotland Yard detective, challenged Creasey to "write about us as we are." The result was Inspector West Takes Charge, 1940, the first of more than forty novels to feature Roger West of the London Metropolitan Police. The West novels were, for the era, an unusually realistic look at Scotland Yard operations, but the plots were often wildly melodramatic, and, to get around thorny legal problems, Creasey gave West an "amateur detective" friend who was able to perform the extra-procedural acts that West, as a policeman, could not.

In the mid-1950s, inspired by the success of television's Dragnet and a similar British TV series, Fabian of the Yard, Creasey decided to try a more down-to-earth series of cop stories. Adopting the pseudonym "J.J. Marric", he wrote Gideon's Day, 1955, in which George Gideon, a high-ranking detective at Scotland Yard, spends a busy day supervising his subordinates' investigations into several unrelated crimes. This novel was the first in a series of more than twenty books which brought Creasey his best critical notices. One entry, Gideon's Fire, 1961, won an Edgar Award from the Mystery Writers of America for Best Mystery Novel. The Gideon series, more than any other source, helped establish the common procedural plot structure of threading several autonomous story lines through a single novel.

Journal Entry 4 by wingerishkigalwing at LFL Westminster & 1500 East in Salt Lake City, Utah USA on Wednesday, April 21, 2021

Released 3 wks ago (4/21/2021 UTC) at LFL Westminster & 1500 East in Salt Lake City, Utah USA

Taking with on my walk, to leave in a neighborhood LFL

I can’t believe how long this has been sitting on my shelf 😳. Well time to move it on now, give someone else a chance to read and hopefully enjoy it!