The Twinkie Squad

by Gordon Korman | Children's Books |
Registered by JennyC1230 of Woodstock, Georgia USA on 8/7/2013
Journal Entry 1 by JennyC1230 from Woodstock, Georgia USA on Wednesday, August 07, 2013
Book Description:

Meet Douglas Fairchild, writer, dreamer, and son of diplomats. Meet Commando, smooth mover, basketball star and way cool guy--until he met Douglas.

Thanks to Doug, Commando just joined the school's Special Discussion Group, or, as the students call it, the Twinkie Squad. Nothing is worse than being a Twinkie.

But Doug's about to change all that. And before he's through the school will smell like rotting fish, the principal will be on the verge of a nervous breakdown, and the rest of the student body will be signing up to become members of the Twinkie Squad!

This is a retired library book with hardcover.

Journal Entry 2 by RCOUFan at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Saturday, August 10, 2013
My mom JennyC1230 gave me this book to read. I finished it and now it's ready to find a new home.

Journal Entry 3 by JennyC1230 at -- Bookbox, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA on Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Released 5 yrs ago (1/15/2014 UTC) at -- Bookbox, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

This book is starting out in the Teens Shrinking Bookbox.

Journal Entry 4 by wingGoryDetailswing at Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Tuesday, January 21, 2014
I'm taking this from the Teens Bookbox.

Later: Very wacky story, with the rag-tag group of misfits getting carried away with - of all things - an intricate recipe for garlic squid with mango and banana, something that sounds like a challenge on the "Chopped" TV show! The main character claims that this is a traditional delicacy of his people, but it seems he may have been fabricating that "heritage" as well. Pretty improbable story all the way around, but also quite funny.

Journal Entry 5 by wingGoryDetailswing at Mine Falls Park in Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Thursday, March 06, 2014

Released 5 yrs ago (3/6/2014 UTC) at Mine Falls Park in Nashua, New Hampshire USA

I plan to leave this book near the Coliseum-Ave. entrance to Mine Falls Park at around noon; hope the finder enjoys it!

*** Released for the 2014 Wine + Food + BookCrossing challenge. ***