Vertragsgestaltung auf Englisch - Drafting of Contracts in English

by Stuart G. Bugg | Professional & Technical |
Registered by litrajunkie of Pretzfeld, Bayern Germany on 8/2/2013
Journal Entry 1 by litrajunkie from Pretzfeld, Bayern Germany on Friday, August 02, 2013
Course material of a seminar I attended in Frankfurt in September 2005.

Seminar Targets
The aim of this two-day workshop is to develop, intensify and activate your use of Einglish in the business context.

Remember that many of the terms used in contracts and business are of technical or specialised nature. Some words of "Legal English" may look familiar ("false friends") but ofen they have a totally different meaning than in "everyday" English. This can create confusion and misunderstandings in contract negotiations and discussions. It is part of teh task of developing a "feel" for the language that you also learn to differentiate between the various levels or "registers" of language as well as between the specialist and general terminology of English.

This is very much a participatory seminar. You will be involved in various group and individual activities. You will be encouraged to activate your English and raise points you wish to discuss during the seminar.

I wish you a pleasant and productive time...

Stuart Bugg

Stuart sure kept his word. Even with a background in tax law and decades of using English in various environments I learned a lot.

My other works by this author
* Standard Legal Clauses And Boilerplates

Journal Entry 2 by extendedbrain at Bamberg, Bayern Germany on Monday, January 14, 2019
Dieses Buch gehört ab jetzt zu meiner beruflichen Fachbibliothek.
- - -
This book is now part of my professional library.