The Limpopo Academy Of Private Detection (No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency)

by Alexander McCall Smith | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by bookowl1000 of Foshan, Guangdong China on 8/1/2013
Journal Entry 1 by bookowl1000 from Foshan, Guangdong China on Thursday, August 01, 2013
Have you ever held a book and wondered where it had been before you came to own it, or where it will end up once you have finished with it? Well, welcome to the world of bookcrossing.

If you have accidentally stumbled across this book it would make someone very happy if you add a journal entry to tell those who had the book before you where you found it. You can remain anonymous if you want to, though if you create a screen name you will be able to get notification each time someone else journals this book.

When you have finished please release the book (and make a journal entry stating where you left it) to let it continue on its journey.

Following this book on its travels can be very fun.

Journal Entry 2 by bookowl1000 at Foshan, Guangdong China on Thursday, August 01, 2013
Mma Ramotswe and Mma Makutsi have always relied on the advice of the classic guide to their trade, The Principles of Private Detection. But who is the eminent author, Mr Clovis Andersen, and what if he were to come to Botswana? That seems a very unlikely possibility, and yet . . . When Mr Andersen visits Botswana on holiday, he is delighted and intrigued to stumble across a roadside sign that reveals the existence of the No.1 Ladies' Detective Agency. Professional courtesy suggests that he call and announce himself.

Meanwhile, Mma Makutsi and Phuti Radiphuti are embarking on married life and building a new house - a tricky business under any circumstances but especially hazardous when the name of the contractor is the Joy and Light Building Company.

Journal Entry 3 by bookowl1000 at Foshan, Guangdong China on Thursday, August 01, 2013
have decided to share these books as a book spiral as I consider it a shame that such a delightful series just sits on my shelf unread by others.

1. The No.1 Ladies Detective Agency

lunatum Finland (Itnl)
Icila France (Itnl)
greenbadger UK (Itnl)
back to me in China

See entry for first book about spiral rules.

Journal Entry 4 by bookowl1000 at Ringwood, Hampshire United Kingdom on Friday, August 02, 2013

Released 5 yrs ago (8/2/2013 UTC) at Ringwood, Hampshire United Kingdom

Been desperately trying to find the time to read the last couple of chapters before flying out of the UK today. Am taking other books to the post office so have decided to get the postage stuck on, read on the way to the airport and post when at Heathrow. I just can't send it on with not having finished the story.

Journal Entry 5 by bookowl1000 at Foshan, Guangdong China on Sunday, August 04, 2013
Book is now with me in china as it would not fit through the slot on the post box at the airport...it was thin letter sized to stop people getting up to no good.

Journal Entry 6 by bookowl1000 at Hong Kong, Hong Kong China on Tuesday, October 01, 2013

Released 5 yrs ago (9/29/2013 UTC) at Hong Kong, Hong Kong China

posted from hong kong airport while on my way to bangkok

Journal Entry 7 by Jonniboi at Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on Sunday, October 13, 2013
Got this on Friday as I returned to my parents house for the weekend. Can't wait to take it back to uni with me and add it to my bookrings/rays TBRs, which are getting smaller.

Journal Entry 8 by Jonniboi at Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, October 23, 2013
Well this took no time at all to read, finished it in 5 days, and I enjoyed it so very much. So much so that it will definitely be staying with my thoughts for ages as I very much found this one of the best books from the series.

The introduction of the world-famous Clovis Andersen as a character in this book was extremely enjoyable and I found that he came just at the right time, when the world comes crashing around Mma Ramotswe and all her friends.

But restoring order is so difficult that there seems to be no ends to the means, but with the help of Clovis Andersen, anything is possible right? But is Clovis Andersen very modest? Or is there something he hasn't told them?

I enjoyed this and did get annoyed at the whole Mma Potokwani thing, how dare they. And poor Fanwell, that was quite unfair.

Overall a book that I totally enjoyed, and I hope that Clovis Andersen appears more often as he clearly enjoyed Botswana. I can't wait to read the next book, which has only recently been released! :)

Will send this book off either this week or next week.

Journal Entry 9 by Jonniboi at Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire United Kingdom on Saturday, November 30, 2013

Released 5 yrs ago (11/19/2013 UTC) at Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire United Kingdom

Sent this a while ago on 19th November, sorry it took so long to type up the release notes

Journal Entry 10 by wal-89 at Congleton, Cheshire United Kingdom on Saturday, January 11, 2014
Oops! Didn't realise I hadn't journalled this book, sorry. It arrived before Christmas and I have a few rings before it (one being the previous one in the series), so will hopefully get around to this one soon. Thanks for sending =)

Journal Entry 11 by wal-89 at Congleton, Cheshire United Kingdom on Saturday, November 22, 2014
Once I got round to this, I read it in a few days. I really enjoy the easy reading of this series of books. I enjoy the mixture of new people with the continuation of the stories for the old characters. Nothing out of the ordinary in this one, just a good easy read. Reserved for the next in line.

Journal Entry 12 by wal-89 at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Monday, March 09, 2015

Released 4 yrs ago (3/19/2015 UTC) at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland

To be posted by my boyfriend, who is going to Helsinki next week! Hopefully it will be cheaper to post from there! :-)

Journal Entry 13 by Appelsiini at Lempäälä, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Friday, March 27, 2015
Arrived safely! Thanks for sending! :)