The Duke Of Deception

by Geoffrey Wolff | Biographies & Memoirs |
Registered by TheGreenMan of York, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on 7/30/2013
Journal Entry 1 by TheGreenMan from York, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, July 30, 2013
From the back cover:

"Here is the sensation of the season, the book that hit nearly every 'ten best' list in this nation. It is the unforgettable story of a con-man and his kid; of a father who lied about everything but love; of a lonely man who conned his way through life, around the world, and forever into the heart of his son."

Journal Entry 2 by TheGreenMan at York, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, July 30, 2013
Bought cheaply, especially for BookCrossing purposes.

Planning to release at this evening's 'D'You Lie?'-themed BC Meetup in York...

Released 10 yrs ago (7/30/2013 UTC) at Monthly BookCrossing Meet Up in York in York, North Yorkshire United Kingdom

releasing, as promised...

Journal Entry 4 by timcore at York, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Sunday, August 4, 2013
Apparently the title of this book must be said in a Brian Blessed voice.

Journal Entry 5 by timcore at York, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Monday, August 12, 2013

Released 10 yrs ago (8/27/2013 UTC) at York, North Yorkshire United Kingdom

This will be released at the next York Bookcrossing meeting.

Journal Entry 6 by timcore at York, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Monday, August 12, 2013
This book promised a lot and delivered little. The story just didn't capture me at all. The author has a splendid beard though.

Journal Entry 7 by Chuggypig at York, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, August 28, 2013
Picked this up at the York Bookcrossing meetup. THE DUKE!!!!

Released 10 yrs ago (10/22/2013 UTC) at Monthly BookCrossing Meet Up in York in York, North Yorkshire United Kingdom

I rather enjoyed this - Wolff is on good form when talking about his father, but it gets a bit duller when he's talking about himself.

To be released at the York monthly Bookcrossing meetup.

Journal Entry 9 by davidbreslin101 at York, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Thursday, October 31, 2013
Picked up on 22nd October 2013 at the monthly Bookcrossing Meetup at The Graduate in York, North Yorkshire United Kingdom.

Journal Entry 10 by davidbreslin101 at York, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Saturday, December 16, 2017
This was a LOT better than I expected. Wolff's biography of his flamboyant blagger of a dad ranges from incidents of breathtaking audicity to a painful, self-inflicted downfall. And it's interesting to see the effect such a role model/object lesson had on his son.

Released 6 yrs ago (12/18/2017 UTC) at Brigantes Bar & Brasserie OBCZ / Meetup Venue in York, North Yorkshire United Kingdom

To be released at the York Bookcrossing Meetup.

Journal Entry 12 by TheGreenMan at York, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Friday, December 22, 2017
Well, it's probably about time that I checked this out myself - given that I put it into BookCrossing in the first place...

Journal Entry 13 by TheGreenMan at York, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Sunday, May 26, 2024
Since I've gone off the prospect of reading this, rather than hang onto it any longer, I am releasing it back into the wonderful world of BookCrossing. I'm planning to release it at this Tuesday evening's BC Meetup - which is being held at The Eagle & Child in York from 7.15pm onwards...

Journal Entry 14 by TheGreenMan at Eagle and Child in York, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Sunday, May 26, 2024

Released 2 wks ago (5/28/2024 UTC) at Eagle and Child in York, North Yorkshire United Kingdom

releasing, as promised...