The Little Bookroom (Oxford Children's Modern Classics)

by Eleanor Farjeon | Children's Books |
ISBN: 0192719475 Global Overview for this book
Registered by dark-draco of Ledbury, Herefordshire United Kingdom on 7/28/2013
Journal Entry 1 by dark-draco from Ledbury, Herefordshire United Kingdom on Sunday, July 28, 2013
When my friend was clearing out an old storeroom at her workplace, she found a huge number of books tucked away out of sight. Rather than see them thrown out, I kindly offered to adopt them all for BookCrossing.

Journal Entry 2 by dark-draco at Ledbury, Herefordshire United Kingdom on Friday, January 17, 2020
I have to say that the best bit of this book is the author's introduction, where she describes a dusty spare room, piled high with an odd mix of books, just waiting to be picked up and read. Oh, how I'd have loved a room like that when I was young!

The stories themselves are nice enough - generally fairy tales of some sort or another, some with a moral, others with a sense of humour, some just mildly entertaining. None of them really stood out for me, but then I am a tad older than the target audience.

An ok read, but glad I only dipped in and out - I'm not sure I could have read it cover to cover.

Congratulations! You have found a travelling book. Thank you for taking the time to visit this site and letting us know what this book has been up to since it was released into the wild. I hope you enjoy reading it, but even if it isn’t your type of thing, then I’m sure there will be someone out there who will love it. This book is now yours, so feel free to keep it. However, I would be grateful if you could leave all the stickers in place and pass it on again once you’ve finished with it – you could give it to a friend, donate it to a charity shop or just leave it lying around somewhere to be picked up again by a total stranger. If you would like to get regular updates on what the book is doing in the future, then why not join Bookcrossing too…its fun, friendly and free.

Thanks again and happy reading!