The History of Love

by Nicole Krauss | Literature & Fiction |
ISBN: 0141019972 Global Overview for this book
Registered by wingsoffitta1wing of Ipswich, Suffolk United Kingdom on 7/24/2013
Journal Entry 1 by wingsoffitta1wing from Ipswich, Suffolk United Kingdom on Wednesday, July 24, 2013
Copy bought for the 1001-Library.

Journal Entry 2 by 1001-library at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Sunday, October 20, 2013

Thanks so much for your donation soffitta1!

This book is now part of the 1001-library. If you want to take this book from the library but don't know how to proceed, please refer to the 1001-library bookshelf.

Journal Entry 3 by wingsoffitta1wing at Dovercourt, Essex United Kingdom on Sunday, December 01, 2013

Released 5 yrs ago (12/2/2013 UTC) at Dovercourt, Essex United Kingdom

Chosen from the Euro 1001-Library VBB.

Journal Entry 4 by wingBoekentrolwing at Leeuwarden, Fryslân (Friesland) Netherlands on Sunday, December 15, 2013
This book arrived safely yesterday. Thank you so much, soffitta1, for making it available in the VBB. I look forward to reading it!

Journal Entry 5 by wingBoekentrolwing at Leeuwarden, Fryslân (Friesland) Netherlands on Monday, November 09, 2015
Short contents:
Fourteen-year-old Alma Singer is trying to find a cure for her mother's loneliness. Believing she might discover it in an old book her mother is lovingly translating, she sets out in search of its author. Across New York an old man called Leo Gursky is trying to survive a little bit longer. He spends his days dreaming of the lost love who, sixty years ago in Poland, inspired him to write a book. And although he doesn't know it yet, that book also survived: crossing oceans and generations, and changing lives...

Journal Entry 6 by wingBoekentrolwing at Leeuwarden, Fryslân (Friesland) Netherlands on Monday, November 09, 2015
Having difficulty to pinpoint what I think of this book. On the one hand I liked it, was it interesting. The story described, the pieces of history, the characters.

On the other hand reading it made me very confused. The different lay outs, the many characters, the different voices. It was hard for me to try and distinguish them, to keep track of them during the book.

I think, I'll try to find a copy in Dutch, to give it another try. For the book is good and unusual enough to dig a bit further.

Journal Entry 7 by wingBoekentrolwing at Leeuwarden, Fryslân (Friesland) Netherlands on Sunday, November 20, 2016

Released 2 yrs ago (11/21/2016 UTC) at Leeuwarden, Fryslân (Friesland) Netherlands

Chosen by blackwidow1971, this book is now on its way to her, with three other companions.

Thank you for picking my books & happy reading!

Journal Entry 8 by blackwidow1971 at Southampton, Hampshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, May 17, 2017
So sorry I forgot to say safely arrived

Journal Entry 9 by blackwidow1971 at Southampton, Hampshire United Kingdom on Sunday, February 04, 2018
Struggling with this. I may have to abandon

Journal Entry 10 by blackwidow1971 at Southampton, Hampshire United Kingdom on Saturday, May 19, 2018
On its way to another BCer. Just couldn't get into it.

Journal Entry 11 by elizardbreath at Bella Vista, Arkansas USA on Thursday, June 07, 2018
Thanks for sending this my way! This was one of the first BookCrossing books I read and I remember really enjoying it.

Journal Entry 12 by elizardbreath at Bella Vista, Arkansas USA on Saturday, October 13, 2018
Reserving for the Books I've Read Bookbox.

Sending to booklady331. Enjoy!

To the finder of this book:

Thanks, and Happy BookCrossing! :)

Journal Entry 14 by wingbooklady331wing at Cape Coral, Florida USA on Thursday, December 06, 2018
Thank you for sharing this book with me. It arrived today. I didn't realize it was a 1001 book. I'll set it aside to read next year.

Journal Entry 15 by wingbooklady331wing at Cape Coral, Florida USA on Sunday, April 07, 2019
I struggled to finish this book. I found parts confusing and unsure of who was talking. On the other hand, the deep sadness and loneliness drew the reader to finish the book. How sad to be so alone in the world that you would wear a note that said, "My name is Leo Gursky I have no family Please call Pinelawn Cemetery I have a plot there in the Jewish part Thank you for your consideration. One of the horrible effects of Nazi Germany's final solution.

Journal Entry 16 by wingbooklady331wing at bookbox in Cape Coral, Florida USA on Sunday, May 19, 2019

Released 1 mo ago (5/20/2019 UTC) at bookbox in Cape Coral, Florida USA

Enjoy! Going in round 2 of the "H" Title bookring hosted by Iwillrejoice

Journal Entry 17 by Meekachu07 at Saint Paul, Minnesota USA on Saturday, May 25, 2019
Selected from the books that start with "H" bookring. Most likely will find a new home for it. Thanks for sharing.

Journal Entry 18 by Meekachu07 at Manchester, Missouri USA on Monday, June 03, 2019

Released 3 wks ago (6/3/2019 UTC) at Manchester, Missouri USA

Shipping to Manchester, Missouri via BookMooch.com. Enjoy!