The God of small things

by Arundhati ROY | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by symphonicca of Ottawa, Ontario Canada on 6/10/2002
Journal Entry 1 by symphonicca from Ottawa, Ontario Canada on Monday, June 10, 2002
It is written like you would imagine a thought process to expand and jump about-- a captivating narrative. Delicious descriptions that pull you into the moment sooooo fully! A mystery of sorts, but no in the whodunit sort of way-- you know what happened-- you are instead pulled through the story of HOW it happened. So interesting as you read the book to see all the pieces of the mosaic that created the situation as they fall into place and turn into the whole picture that is the story itself. Really well concieved and written!

Journal Entry 2 by symphonicca at Second Cup (on Princess Street) in Kingston, Ontario Canada on Tuesday, June 11, 2002
Release planned for Thursday, June 13, 2002 at Second Cup (on Princess Street) in Kingston, Ontario Canada.

Journal Entry 3 by jenny-lou-who from St. Catharines, Ontario Canada on Friday, June 14, 2002
I just got this book yesterday - thanks symphonicca. I'll read it soon and post again later.

Journal Entry 4 by symphonicca at Queen's University - The Grad Club in Kingston, Ontario Canada on Saturday, June 15, 2002

Journal Entry 5 by jenny-lou-who from St. Catharines, Ontario Canada on Thursday, July 04, 2002
I just finished this book and am in awe of Arundhati Roy's brilliant writing. The story is captivating and is told in such an interesting and unusual way. I highly recommend this novel.

Journal Entry 6 by jenny-lou-who from St. Catharines, Ontario Canada on Thursday, July 04, 2002
I am sending this book to my friend Samantha (another PhinisheD Book Crosser!) - I hope she likes it.

Journal Entry 7 by saffista from Lafayette, Indiana USA on Sunday, July 14, 2002
This was a wonderful book. It's non-linear nature kept me reading simply to find out what happened next (uh, before). Roy's writing was picturesque to say the least. The characters draw you into the story as if they are family members of your own. The ending left me wanting a bit and there are some things that are left unknown to the reader (as in real life) but I felt that knowledge of them could have made the story somewhat more complete.

Journal Entry 8 by saffista at -- By Hand or Post, Ray/ring, Rabck in West Lafayette, Indiana USA on Monday, August 26, 2002
Release planned for Thursday, August 29, 2002 at Passing to a collegue in West Lafayette, Indiana USA.

She wanted to read this one.

Journal Entry 9 by jenny-lou-who at Little Free Library in St. Catharines, Ontario Canada on Thursday, January 21, 2021

Released 1 mo ago (1/21/2021 UTC) at Little Free Library in St. Catharines, Ontario Canada

Left in the little free library in the laneway that intersects Henry and George Streets near Louisa and Catherine Streets.