Olive Kitteridge

by Elizabeth Strout | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by ruzena on 7/20/2013
Journal Entry 1 by ruzena on Saturday, July 20, 2013
Random House 2008, paperback edition. 270 p. + A Reader's Guide.
Pulitzer Prize for Fiction 2008

EDIT. 29.6.18. En tullut kirjoittaneeksi kirjasta mitään, varmaan siksi että tiesin lukevani sen joskus toiseenkin kertaan. Nyt luen sitä toista kertaa. Se käyköön suosituksesta. En varmaan tule lukeneeksi kolmatta kertaa, joten tarjosin Hep-ketjussa, ja kirja lähtee Chanialle.

-ruzena

Journal Entry 2 by Chania at Kokkola, Keski-Pohjanmaa / Mellersta Österbotten Finland on Monday, July 09, 2018
Thank you so much, I look forward to read this so much!

Journal Entry 3 by Chania at Kokkola, Keski-Pohjanmaa / Mellersta Österbotten Finland on Friday, August 03, 2018
Lovely! One gets to know many people in a small town, and somehow their lives are connected with Olive's. Deep feelings under the silent surface, great writing. I really liked this!

Journal Entry 4 by Chania at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Sunday, January 13, 2019

Released 1 yr ago (1/15/2019 UTC) at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland

Sending to Tyrnimarja now!

Journal Entry 5 by wingTyrnimarjawing at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Thursday, January 17, 2019
Thank you for this wishlist book! I have seen the TV serial based on this novel and I liked it a lot. I hope that the book will be good as well! At least it has got 10 stars from ruzena ...

Journal Entry 6 by wingTyrnimarjawing at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Sunday, June 16, 2019
I think I don't have words to describe how much I liked this novel, I just liked it enormously. All the human feelings were present and it was so interesting to get to know people of the small town Crosby, to look behind their curtains, to find out the skeletons they had in their closets. Amazingly good story. I need to digest this a bit more and maybe, ruzena, I will give this one more star:)

Journal Entry 7 by wingTyrnimarjawing at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Wednesday, January 01, 2020

Released 4 mos ago (1/2/2020 UTC) at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland

I think it´s time to let this marvellous book go and have a new reader.
Enjoy lukutuoli!!

Journal Entry 8 by winglukutuoliwing at Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Thursday, January 09, 2020
Kirja oli varmaankin saapunut jo eilisessä postissa, unohdin näköjään tyhjentää postilaatikon! Odotukset korkealla tämän suhteen, tuskin maltan odottaa kirjan lukemista. Kiitos, Tyrnimarja, sekä kirjasta että mukana seuranneesta hurmaavasta lukuaiheisesta kortista.

Journal Entry 9 by winglukutuoliwing at Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Tuesday, March 31, 2020
What a wonderful book! Strout is able to paint compelling pictures with a few strokes and the characters are so human and alive. I loved this, and probably will buy a Finnish translation of Olive Kitteridge in my permanent collection.

Journal Entry 10 by winglukutuoliwing at Wishlist tag game, RABCK -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Released 2 mos ago (3/31/2020 UTC) at Wishlist tag game, RABCK -- Controlled Releases

Next to Annimanni as a part of the wihslist tag game of the Finnish BC forum. Happy Reading!

Journal Entry 11 by wingAnnimanniwing at Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Monday, April 06, 2020
Olive arrived safely, thanks very much! The postcard is lovely, too <3