Bones: A Forensic Detective's Casebook

by Douglas H. Ubelaker, Henry Scammell | Outdoors & Nature |
Registered by wing6of8wing of Silver Spring, Maryland USA on 7/19/2013
Journal Entry 1 by wing6of8wing from Silver Spring, Maryland USA on Friday, July 19, 2013
I had a weak moment and picked up a few books on Better World Books recently, including this one. It was an interesting account of the work of a forensic anthropologist, including stories from the author's work as an FBI consultant and his more traditional anthropology work at the Smithsonian Institution. Managed to provide great insight into the scientific line of work without being too technical.

Journal Entry 2 by wing6of8wing at Silver Spring, Maryland USA on Wednesday, September 04, 2013
Setting this aside for the Medicine Chest Book Box IV which I could not resist signing up for.

Journal Entry 3 by wing6of8wing at -- Bookbox, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA on Sunday, November 03, 2013

Released 7 yrs ago (11/3/2013 UTC) at -- Bookbox, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

"A book is a mysterious object, I said, and once it floats out into the world, anything can happen. All kinds of mischief can be caused, and there's not a damned thing you can do about it. For better or worse, it's completely out of your control." -- Paul Auster

This book is going into the Medicine Chest Book Box, which is off to Florida and azuki.

Journal Entry 4 by wingAzukiwing at Miami, Florida USA on Tuesday, November 19, 2013
I love forensic science, how the scientists can pick up clues and figure out what happened. This looks interesting if not particularly appetizing. Thanks for sharing!

Journal Entry 5 by wingAzukiwing at Miami, Florida USA on Monday, December 31, 2018
Totally fascinating. Truth be told, I had considered majoring in anthropology when I went to college, and did take a few classes in it. I am curious what forensic anthropologists will be able to tell from my bones... though of course, I would rather them not have the occasion to find out.

This is now set aside for the Food Bookbox... A bit morbid maybe, but well, the title fits in...

Journal Entry 6 by wingSouthernfryedwing at Lexington, South Carolina USA on Wednesday, April 03, 2019
taking from the food book box

4/18/2019
Reserved for the Mystery/Thriller VBB

10/19/2019
not chosen/removed from the mystery/thriller vbb

Journal Entry 7 by wingSouthernfryedwing at Bela's Free Library in Wagener, South Carolina USA on Sunday, December 01, 2019

Released 1 yr ago (11/30/2019 UTC) at Bela's Free Library in Wagener, South Carolina USA

left in the little free library