Stand, The: The Night Has Come (Volume 6)

Registered by winghyphen8wing of Honolulu, Hawaii USA on 7/19/2013
Journal Entry 1 by winghyphen8wing from Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Monday, July 29, 2013
Volume 1: Captain Trips
Volume 2: American Nightmares
Volume 3: Soul Survivors
Volume 4: Hardcases
Volume 5: No Man's Land

Volume 6 of 6: all the elements come together for the big finish. Harold and Nadine come to a parting of the ways, and the volunteers from the Free Zone head into enemy territory.

Journal Entry 2 by winghyphen8wing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Monday, August 19, 2013
This set of 6 graphic novels is off to travel the country as a bookray; see the forum thread or Volume 1 for more information.

First stop: Minnesota!

Journal Entry 3 by winghyphen8wing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Monday, August 19, 2013

Released 6 yrs ago (8/17/2013 UTC) at Honolulu, Hawaii USA

Off and running!

Tracking #9114 9011 5981 5800 7956 56

4 lbs, 10.3 oz
Scheduled delivery date 9/06/13 but I won't hold my breath.

Journal Entry 4 by quietorchid at Saint Paul, Minnesota USA on Thursday, September 26, 2013
Nice wrap up. One thing King does is reward fortitude and virtue (in most cases) and add a note of wisdom and uncertainty for the future gained.

Enjoyed the adaptation vey much! Thank you.

Journal Entry 5 by quietorchid at Saint Paul, Minnesota USA on Saturday, September 28, 2013

Released 5 yrs ago (9/28/2013 UTC) at Saint Paul, Minnesota USA

Sending this off to the next person in the ring. Enjoy!

Welcome to Bookcrossing, where Books roam freely! I hope you enjoy the book, and leave a journal entry so I can see where the book ended up. You can remain anonymous if you'd like, or join and follow the book's travels throughout the world. The site is free, secure, and non-spamming. Take a look around, and then go read!

Journal Entry 6 by imuzak12 at Virginia Beach, Virginia USA on Monday, October 28, 2013
It wrapped up really nicely. This one did shine as a graphic novel based on Stephen King's novel. Not only that but I also found King there:) These six were my first American graphic novels to read, and I am still not used to these types of artworks. I can appreciate them and read them, but these styles are not my taste as artwork. However, I can enjoy them as long as the story is good, like this one.

Journal Entry 7 by imuzak12 at Virginia Beach, Virginia USA on Thursday, October 31, 2013

Released 5 yrs ago (10/31/2013 UTC) at Virginia Beach, Virginia USA

Happy Halloween!
Mailed this box to the next reader.

Journal Entry 8 by wingGoryDetailswing at Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Monday, November 04, 2013
The six-volume set arrived today; many thanks! Will savor the horror, and get it moving again soon.

Later: Excellent handling of the final confrontations, including Flagg's growing frustration as things don't go to plan. When Trashy turns up with his gift for Flagg - well, it's a marvelous scene, and has the intriguing element of someone's innocent faith in an unworthy object working out rather differently than the unworthy object may have wished!

I noticed a little cameo of Stephen King in one of the Las Vegas panels - a nice touch, as he generally does do cameos in his movies, though in the mini-series he played a different character.

The epilogue was nicely handled, with a bittersweet note of current peace but probable future strife; humans are just made that way. Even without the ever-present influence of one R. F.!

Overall, a very good graphic-novel treatment of the story, dramatic and moving. Thanks!

Journal Entry 9 by wingGoryDetailswing at Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Monday, November 11, 2013

Released 5 yrs ago (11/12/2013 UTC) at Nashua, New Hampshire USA

The six-volume series will be on its way to its next stop, cinnycat in New York, on Tuesday. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 10 by BookBirds at Central Square, New York USA on Tuesday, November 19, 2013
... and the last one! thanks again!

Journal Entry 11 by BookBirds at Central Square, New York USA on Thursday, January 09, 2014
The last epic volume is now finished! It ended as well as it started. I guess the magic in the novel is the spread of Captain Trips immediately hooks and addicts you to the book, but then other problems come into play. This volume sure had a ton happening in it. I'm not sure why certain characters at the end didn't get the idea to find a snow plow to try to make it home faster. The panel that really got to me, made me tear up a little bit, was remembering all the people that had that been lost in their Stand. This series was amazingly well done but you can't really match King's power of suspense in his storytelling. That is what makes it special.

My ratings for volumes 1-6:
876788

thanks SO SO much for sharing these, hyphen8! It has been a fun reading experience! I will be mailing these out tomorrow, hopefully to continue their safe journey!

Journal Entry 12 by BookBirds at Central Square, New York USA on Friday, January 10, 2014

Released 5 yrs ago (1/10/2014 UTC) at Central Square, New York USA

Sent out today! thanks again!

These might make my favorite-of-the-year list for 2014 since I finished these in 2014.. we shall see! :D

Journal Entry 13 by jare at Tampa, Florida USA on Tuesday, January 14, 2014
All six volumes made it safely. The Stand is my favorite book ever, can't wait to read these!

Journal Entry 14 by jare at Tampa, Florida USA on Tuesday, April 08, 2014
The End. I always feel a bit of an emotional tug when I finish this story, and I'm glad to say that the graphic novel version is astounding! Six volumes, all full of the best moments from the book (and I loved the Stephen King "cameo" in this last volume as Rich Bachman.) So glad I had the opportunity to read these! Long live Nick!