corner corner Lolita

Lolita
by Vladimir Nabokov | Literature & Fiction
Registered by croudyj of Santa Ana, California USA on 7/19/2013

status (set by ButtesChaumont): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by croudyj from Santa Ana, California USA on Friday, July 19, 2013

Creepy pervert Humbert Humbert's desperate attempts to possess a 12 year-old girl's body and soul. One of my favourite stories of all time. Pity they spelled the author's name wrong on the book's spine!

Journal Entry 2 by croudyj at Hansa-kortteli in Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland on Saturday, July 20, 2013

Released 5 yrs ago (7/19/2013 UTC) at Hansa-kortteli in Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland

Released at Little Britannia, Aurakatu 12A, Turku

Journal Entry 3 by wingpippiswing at Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland on Thursday, December 26, 2013

Grabbed the book from LB shelf before Xmas, didn't remember to journal it until now as all the fuss has quieted down... Have to read this classic finally, can't believe I haven't done so earlier! Seems it's on couple of wishlists as well, so it will be passed forward later.

Journal Entry 4 by wingpippiswing at Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland on Saturday, September 29, 2018

Maybe this was an erotic novel in the mid-fifties, and some might still perceive it as such, but I saw it as a rather sad portrayal of a person gone insane. I'm willing to buy into the theory that Lolita is an allegory to Soviet Union and US as well, works fine as such if you want to start interpreting lines. Not sure I enjoyed the book, but rather accomplished it.

Journal Entry 5 by wingpippiswing at Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland on Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Released 1 wk ago (10/11/2018 UTC) at Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland

If it's on a wishlist, it travels straight to the next reader!

Journal Entry 6 by ButtesChaumont at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Friday, October 12, 2018

Thanks for the book! This has been a very long time on my wishlist. What a funny coincidence that I got this book today. I just read a review about this book yesterday.