The Universe Versus Alex Woods

by Gavin Extence | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by Chocbrownie of Christchurch, Dorset United Kingdom on 7/18/2013
Journal Entry 1 by Chocbrownie from Christchurch, Dorset United Kingdom on Thursday, July 18, 2013
Part of the Richard and Judy Summer Book Club 2013 bundle - my birthday present :-)

Journal Entry 2 by Chocbrownie at Christchurch, Dorset United Kingdom on Monday, September 2, 2013
I wanted to give this more than 10!
Brilliant character writing, with teenager Alex as the narrator of a story that tackles weed factories, epilepsy, euthanasia in humorous and moving way.
This is a book which bridges teen/adult fiction (like Mark Haddon's 'Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time') - I'm hoping my children will try it.
You don't need a masters in physics or have read the books of Kurt Vonnegut to enjoy this either!

Journal Entry 3 by Chocbrownie at 'Mind' Charity Shop in Christchurch, Dorset United Kingdom on Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Released 7 yrs ago (4/15/2014 UTC) at 'Mind' Charity Shop in Christchurch, Dorset United Kingdom

Released all 10 of Richard & Judy's Summer 2013 Bookclub books at Mind Charity Shop, on Christchurch High Street. They are all great reads so highly recommend buying the whole lot!!
Released just in time for International Bookcrossing Day on April 21st, 2014.

Please read, journal on here (you can do it anonymously) and then release for someone else to enjoy!

Happy Reading!

Journal Entry 4 by Jaxthecat at Boscombe, Dorset United Kingdom on Monday, April 6, 2015
Recommended by a friend bought off Amazon but obviously hadn't travelled too far to reach me :)
Not finished yet but really enjoying it, avid reader but this is the first book crossing sticker I've seen fab idea !