Remains of the Day (English and Spanish Edition)

by Kazuo Ishiguro | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingHaugtussawing of Stavanger, Rogaland fylke Norway on 7/14/2017
Journal Entry 1 by wingHaugtussawing from Stavanger, Rogaland fylke Norway on Friday, July 14, 2017
In 1956, Stevens, a long-serving butler at Darlington Hall, decides to take a motoring trip through the West Country. The six-day excursion becomes a journey into the past of Stevens and England, a past that takes in fascism, two world wars, and an unrealised love between the butler and his housekeeper. Ishiguro's dazzling novel is a sad and humorous love story, a meditation on the condition of modern man, and an elegy for England at a time of acute change.

Journal Entry 2 by wingHaugtussawing at Stavanger, Rogaland fylke Norway on Saturday, July 15, 2017

Released 1 yr ago (7/15/2017 UTC) at Stavanger, Rogaland fylke Norway

Sent to the winner of the authors from unusual countries sweepstakes. I hope you like the book.

Journal Entry 3 by wingcontowing at Lisboa (city), Lisboa (distrito) Portugal on Friday, July 21, 2017
I saw the film made from this Ishiguros's book and absolutely loved it, but I don't think I've ever read it, so here's my chance to do so.
Thank you so much, Haugtussa.

Journal Entry 4 by wingcontowing at Lisboa (city), Lisboa (distrito) Portugal on Tuesday, August 22, 2017
Now I'm sure. I had never read it.
Kept remembering Anthony Hopkins in the role of Mr. Stevens, the butler, but it was absolutely delightful to read this extraordinary pages. I do love these historical settings of the beginning of the 20th century in aristocratic England.
Though I must make amends and change the flag in these journal entries. Ishiguro may be of Japanese origin, but this is a british novel from top to bottom, and having gone to the UK when he was only 6 years old, being raised in old England and writing The Remains of the Day, he must be considered an English writer, no more.

Released 2 mos ago (1/22/2019 UTC) at -- By person, mail/mão própria, por correio --, -- Por correio / mão própria -- Portugal

Sent to Camperfan as my January offer, under greenbadger's "One book a month offered 2019" thread.
I do hope ypu like it! :)

Journal Entry 6 by wingCamperfanwing at Ruurlo, Gelderland Netherlands on Saturday, January 26, 2019
And today in my mailbox. Thank you conto for sending it to me. I'll let you know what I think of it.

Journal Entry 7 by wingCamperfanwing at Ruurlo, Gelderland Netherlands on Tuesday, February 26, 2019
This book is part of the Dutch March A-Z challenge by Camperfan.

Journal Entry 8 by wingCamperfanwing at Wildenborchseweg in Ruurlo, Gelderland Netherlands on Sunday, March 17, 2019

Released 6 days ago (3/17/2019 UTC) at Wildenborchseweg in Ruurlo, Gelderland Netherlands

Read and Release at BookCrossing.com...

In the camperbox for our next trip.