Phoenix Rising

by Pip Ballantine | Science Fiction & Fantasy |
ISBN: 0062049771 Global Overview for this book
Registered by fracula of Calgary, Alberta Canada on 6/21/2021
Journal Entry 1 by fracula from Calgary, Alberta Canada on Monday, June 21, 2021
Co-authors Pip Ballantine and Tee Morris ingeniously reimagine England’s Edwardian Era in Phoenix Rising—a hilarious, rip-roaring steampunk fantasy romp that the voracious fans of New York Times bestseller Gail Carriger will eagerly devour with great relish. In this outrageous, non-stop adventure, Ballantine and Morris introduce us to Agents Books and Braun of the ultra-secret Ministry of Peculiar Occurrences—the most delightful duo of very British evil-bashers since The Avengers, Emma Peel and John Steed. With its malevolent secret societies, earth-shattering conspiracies, breathtaking derring-do, and absolutely wondrous weapons, Phoenix Rising out-Sherlocks Robert Downey, Jr.’s Sherlock Holmes.

Journal Entry 2 by fracula at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Friday, July 2, 2021

Released 1 yr ago (7/4/2021 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Adding this 2 book set to Traveling Box Box 2. (See also 728-12051991.)

Journal Entry 3 by sing-song at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, August 15, 2021
I grabbed this out of Book Box #2.

Journal Entry 4 by sing-song at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Tuesday, October 26, 2021
What an interesting series. Enjoyable main characters - so unalike yet drawn to each other as they solve this case. I have been finding I am enjoying steampunk stories . This one sure kept me reading and all the "gadgets" were so interesting. Got a bit eye popping there for a while but resolved itself. You can be "High Society" yet act very low society. Got right into the second book so I stay in that frame of mind.

Journal Entry 5 by sing-song at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, November 14, 2021

Released 9 mos ago (11/14/2021 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

My daughter was over for supper and she took a few books home with her.

Journal Entry 6 by megami-no-ushi at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, March 19, 2022

Released 4 mos ago (3/19/2022 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Put in the book box!

This was a great steampunk series I enjoyed on the beach in Mexico!

To the finder: