Every Heart a Doorway (Wayward Children)

by Seanan McGuire | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by fracula of Calgary, Alberta Canada on 1/22/2017
Journal Entry 1 by fracula from Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, January 22, 2017
Eleanor West's Home for Wayward Children
No Solicitations
No Visitors
No Quests

Children have always disappeared under the right conditions; slipping through the shadows under a bed or at the back of a wardrobe, tumbling down rabbit holes and into old wells, and emerging somewhere... else.

But magical lands have little need for used-up miracle children.

Nancy tumbled once, but now she's back. The things she's experienced... they change a person. The children under Miss West's care understand all too well. And each of them is seeking a way back to their own fantasy world.

But Nancy's arrival marks a change at the Home. There's a darkness just around each corner, and when tragedy strikes, it's up to Nancy and her new-found schoolmates to get to the heart of things.

No matter the cost.

Journal Entry 2 by fracula at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, January 22, 2017

Released 5 yrs ago (1/22/2017 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Taken to our annual BookCrossing Christmas brunch, for the wrapped book exchange.

First sentence: "The girls were never present for the entrance interviews."

Journal Entry 3 by MoomaOma at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Monday, January 23, 2017
Received this at the Calgary BookCrossing wrapped gift exchange.

Journal Entry 4 by MoomaOma at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Monday, September 11, 2017
I received this book at our wrapped book exchange last January. While I enjoy watching fantasy type movies (Harry Potter, Chronicles of Narnia etc) I've never gravitated to reading these types of books. This was a good introduction as the book was quite short and fast paced. The down side to that is that I felt that there was not time to properly develop the characters. Overall I enjoyed the book very much and found it to be an interesting premise of what happens to these kids if or when they return to the real world.

Journal Entry 5 by MoomaOma at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, October 14, 2017

Released 5 yrs ago (10/14/2017 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Taking this to the October BookCrossing meeting to be enjoyed by the next reader.

Journal Entry 6 by megami-no-ushi at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Thursday, October 19, 2017
Picked up at the October meeting!

Journal Entry 7 by megami-no-ushi at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Thursday, June 16, 2022

Released 5 mos ago (6/16/2022 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Taken to the Zoo meetup! I loved this series and binged the first 6 books, waiting for the 7th!

To the finder:

Journal Entry 8 by sing-song at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Thursday, June 16, 2022
Had a delightful meetup at Calgary Zoo. Had books displayed in trunks before the visit to the Zoo. There were THREE BookCrossing babies there! I ended up taking home more books than I was able to pass on!

Journal Entry 9 by sing-song at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Tuesday, September 27, 2022
Ah - this is what happen s to the children who ae different. Other worlds. I found the overlap of the worlds a bit confusing but that could just be my brain issues.

Journal Entry 10 by sing-song at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Thursday, October 6, 2022

Released 1 mo ago (10/7/2022 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Had a lovely visit in rureading's yard to drop off books and pick up some new ones and bring some back. Lovely visit on a sunny but slightly cool day.

Journal Entry 11 by rureading at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Friday, October 7, 2022
Enjoyed a patio get together with crossingguardma and sing-song. Exchanged a few books as well.