Mrs Bradshaw's Handbook: To Travelling Upon the Ankh-Morpork & Sto Plains Hygienic Railway

by Terry Pratchett | Science Fiction & Fantasy | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingfraculawing of Calgary, Alberta Canada on 6/18/2017
Journal Entry 1 by wingfraculawing from Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, June 18, 2017
Authorised by Mr Lipwig of the Ankh-Morpork and Sto Plains Hygienic Railway himself, Mrs Georgina Bradshaw’s invaluable guide to the destinations and diversions of the railway deserves a place in the luggage of any traveller, or indeed armchair traveller, upon the Disc.

*From the twine walk of Great Slack to the souks of Zemphis: edifying sights along the route
*Ticketing, nostrums and transporting your swamp dragon: essential hints on the practicalities of travel
* Elegant resorts and quaint inns: respectable and sanitary lodgings for all species and heights.
* From worm-herding to Fustic Cake: diverting trivia on the crafts, foods and brassica traditions of the many industrious people for whom the railway is now a vital link to the Century of the Anchovy

Fully illustrated and replete with useful titbits, Mrs Bradshaw’s Handbook offers a view of the Sto Plains like no other

Journal Entry 2 by wingfraculawing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, June 18, 2017

Released 4 yrs ago (6/18/2017 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Took to our mini meet-up of Calgary BookCrossers, at Second Cup. Glad it has found a new reader!

Journal Entry 3 by Minerva101 at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Monday, June 19, 2017
I picked this up at the mini-meeting. Thank you, Fracula!

Journal Entry 4 by Minerva101 at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Wednesday, June 16, 2021
I've only read the first two Disc World novels and while I enjoyed them, they didn't rock my world like Douglas Adams. Still fun and this was a fun little to browse through, reading different snippets. I probably missed some Easter eggs due to not reading the whole series.

Journal Entry 5 by Minerva101 at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Wednesday, June 16, 2021

Released 4 mos ago (6/15/2021 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Adding this to Book Box #1 travelling amongst the Calgary Bookcrossers.