The Devil's Star

by Jo Nesbo | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by wingcestmoiwing of Hamilton, Ontario Canada on 7/9/2013
Journal Entry 1 by wingcestmoiwing from Hamilton, Ontario Canada on Tuesday, October 22, 2013
I have read these Harry Hole (pronounced Hoo-leh) thrillers completely out of order and found that I didn't really understand Harry until I read the first one - The Bat. It didn't help that they weren't published in chronological order in English!

I have come to really like and admire Harry. Think more like Rebus than Banks - and even angrier and maybe even more self destructive than Rebus.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

From the Back Cover
Oslo is sweltering in the summer heat when a young woman is murdered in her flat. One finger has been cut off and a tiny red diamond in the shape of a pentagram—a five-pointed star—is found under her eyelid. Detective Harry Hole is assigned the case with Tom Waaler, a colleague he neither likes nor trusts. He believes Tom is behind a gang of arms smugglers—and the murder of his partner. But Harry, an off-the-rails alcoholic, is barely holding on to his job and has little choice but to play nice.

Five days later, another woman is reported missing. When her severed finger is found adorned with a star-shaped red diamond ring, Harry fears a serial killer is on the loose. Determined to find the killer and expose the crooked Tom Waaler, Harry discovers the two investigations melding in unexpected ways. But pursuing the truth comes at a price, and soon Harry finds himself on the run and forced to make difficult decisions about a future he may not live to see.

One of the brightest stars of Scandinavian crime writing, Jo Nesbø has been compared to Ian Rankin, Michael Connelly, and Henning Mankell. His novels are bestsellers throughout Europe, acclaimed by critics and revered by aficionados of thrillers and mysteries. Brilliantly plotted and paced, The Devil's Star shows Nesbø at his absolute best, combining powerful emotional resonance with truly stunning suspense.

--This text refers to the Hardcover edition.

Journal Entry 2 by wingcestmoiwing at Hamilton, Ontario Canada on Sunday, December 10, 2023

Released 4 mos ago (12/10/2023 UTC) at Hamilton, Ontario Canada

Sharing some books with LFL Stewards for distribution.

Congratulations, you have picked up a travelling book!

If you found this at a LFL (Little Free Library) or other book exchange shelf, then you already have BookCrossing spirit! So why not join us in making the whole world a library?

If you have a moment, we'd love you to let us know you have the book as we're keen to follow its journey. You can even post a review when you've read it before passing it on to the next lucky person or if you love it, it's yours to keep!

Happy reading!

Not sure what to do? Follow these steps!

2) Make a journal entry on this book to let us know how you found it!

Journal Entry 3 by LFLHunter at LFL - Turner Dr. in Burlington, Ontario Canada on Thursday, December 28, 2023

Released 3 mos ago (12/28/2023 UTC) at LFL - Turner Dr. in Burlington, Ontario Canada

Leaving this book in Turner Drive Book Exchange, it usually has a couple of Bookcrossing books in it. Please consider making a journal entry, tell us where you found the book, or what you thought of the book after reading it. You can remain anonymous or join Bookcrossing. If you join Bookcrossing you can catch and release books, and watch them travel as well.