Headhunters (Vintage Crime/Black Lizard)

by Jo Nesbo | Mystery & Thrillers | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingcestmoiwing of Hamilton, Ontario Canada on 7/9/2013
Journal Entry 1 by wingcestmoiwing from Hamilton, Ontario Canada on Friday, February 28, 2014
From amazon.com
-----------------------
Roger Brown has it all: Norway's most successful headhunter, he is married to a beautiful gallery owner and owns a magnificent house. But he's also a highly accomplished art thief. At a gallery opening, his wife introduces him to Clas Greve. Not only is Greve the perfect candidate for a position that Brown is recruiting for; he is also in possession of The Calydonian Boar Hunt by Rubens, one of the most sought-after paintings in modern art history. Roger sees his chance to become financially independent, and starts planning his biggest theft ever. But soon, he runs into trouble--and it's not financial problems that are threatening to knock him over this time...

Journal Entry 2 by wingcestmoiwing at Hamilton, Ontario Canada on Tuesday, March 4, 2014
I have enjoyed the Harry Hole series so much that I wanted to read more by this author and then found Headhunters.

Wonderful, wonderful thriller/mystery! Nesbo's plot is so clever and so twisted you can't help but admire his thought processes and his talent.

Roger Brown is a Headhunter and he uses the contacts he makes in his respectable job to fund his not so respectable part time job - which is stealing art. He has to steal to keep his beautiful wife in the style he thinks she's accustomed to.

Roger falls into a plot to sidetrack him and ends up with a dead body on his hands and a killer on his trail.

The plot of this novel is ingenious and makes use of technology, psychology and plain old hunting skills. There are laugh out loud funny parts and parts that made me cringe.

The ending, when all is said and done and the bodies totalled up and the plot laid out by the police is nothing short of brilliant.

I highly recommend this if you like twisted, crazy plots!

Journal Entry 3 by wingcestmoiwing at Hamilton, Ontario Canada on Sunday, December 10, 2023

Released 4 mos ago (12/10/2023 UTC) at Hamilton, Ontario Canada

Sharing some books with LFL Stewards for distribution.

Congratulations, you have picked up a travelling book!

If you found this at a LFL (Little Free Library) or other book exchange shelf, then you already have BookCrossing spirit! So why not join us in making the whole world a library?

If you have a moment, we'd love you to let us know you have the book as we're keen to follow its journey. You can even post a review when you've read it before passing it on to the next lucky person or if you love it, it's yours to keep!

Happy reading!

Not sure what to do? Follow these steps!

2) Make a journal entry on this book to let us know how you found it!

Journal Entry 4 by LFLHunter at Burlington, Ontario Canada on Friday, December 15, 2023

Journal Entry 5 by LFLHunter at LFL - Turner Dr. in Burlington, Ontario Canada on Friday, December 15, 2023

Released 4 mos ago (12/15/2023 UTC) at LFL - Turner Dr. in Burlington, Ontario Canada

Leaving this book in Turner Drive Book Exchange, it usually has a couple of Bookcrossing books. Please consider making a journal entry, tell us where you found the book, or what you thought of the book after reading it. You can remain anonymous or join Bookcrossing. If you join Bookcrossing you can catch and release books, and watch them travel as well.