Stand, The: Soul Survivors (Volume 3)

Registered by winghyphen8wing of Honolulu, Hawaii USA on 7/9/2013
Journal Entry 1 by winghyphen8wing from Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Sunday, July 21, 2013
Volume 1: Captain Trips
Volume 2: American Nightmares

Volume 3 of 6: many of the groups begin dreaming of Mother Abigail and Nebraska..and about the dark man, Randall Flagg. Some of them are pulled in one direction and others are torn between the two.

Volume 4: Hardcases
Volume 5: No Man's Land
Volume 6: The Night Has Come

Journal Entry 2 by winghyphen8wing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Monday, August 19, 2013
This set of 6 graphic novels is off to travel the country as a bookray; see the forum thread or Volume 1 for more information.

First stop: Minnesota!

Journal Entry 3 by winghyphen8wing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Monday, August 19, 2013

Released 6 yrs ago (8/17/2013 UTC) at Honolulu, Hawaii USA

Off and running!

Tracking #9114 9011 5981 5800 7956 56

4 lbs, 10.3 oz
Scheduled delivery date 9/06/13 but I won't hold my breath.

Mailed Saturday 8/17, so I'll count this as a release for Secretariat's 2013 Never Judge a Book By Its Cover Challenge (week 33).

Journal Entry 4 by quietorchid at Saint Paul, Minnesota USA on Wednesday, September 11, 2013
The Soul survivors is an apt name. People are coming out of the shock and numbness of Capt. Trips, and waking up to how the experience has touched them. I particuliarly thought Nick and Tom Cullen was nice, their interactions. The artwork is great, and depictions of the nightmares they all suffer are almost contagious themselves.

Journal Entry 5 by quietorchid at Saint Paul, Minnesota USA on Saturday, September 28, 2013

Released 5 yrs ago (9/28/2013 UTC) at Saint Paul, Minnesota USA

Sending this off to the next person in the ring. Enjoy!

Welcome to Bookcrossing, where Books roam freely! I hope you enjoy the book, and leave a journal entry so I can see where the book ended up. You can remain anonymous if you'd like, or join and follow the book's travels throughout the world. The site is free, secure, and non-spamming. Take a look around, and then go read!

Journal Entry 6 by imuzak12 at Virginia Beach, Virginia USA on Thursday, October 24, 2013
Oh, my. Look at this Julie Lawry! This version is more close to the book, I guess. Julie in the TV series was... I don't know how to describe it, but it was weird. Harold got creepier, and I don't know how long I can take it. LOL! I'm glad that there was no bodily fluid (I think) except blood. It is getting better and better.

Journal Entry 7 by imuzak12 at Virginia Beach, Virginia USA on Thursday, October 31, 2013

Released 5 yrs ago (10/31/2013 UTC) at Virginia Beach, Virginia USA

Happy Halloween!
Mailed this box to the next reader.

Journal Entry 8 by wingGoryDetailswing at Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Monday, November 04, 2013
The six-volume set arrived today; many thanks! Will savor the horror, and get it moving again soon.

Later: Tom is here! Hi, Tom! I admit I laughed a bit when Nick first encountered him, and I was very glad to see him. (The scenes with ax-crazy Julie were well done, but I still recall the performance in the mini-series - the actress made her so hateful that there was no way the graphic-novel version could compare.)

This volume brings many of the key characters together, and sets the stage for the move to Boulder.

Journal Entry 9 by wingGoryDetailswing at Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Monday, November 11, 2013

Released 5 yrs ago (11/12/2013 UTC) at Nashua, New Hampshire USA

The six-volume series will be on its way to its next stop, cinnycat in New York, on Tuesday. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 10 by BookBirds at Central Square, New York USA on Tuesday, November 19, 2013
thanks again!

Journal Entry 11 by BookBirds at Central Square, New York USA on Monday, December 23, 2013
The characters are gathering to their sides, but I feel like they were doing that in the second volume. I don't feel like it has to take this long. I'm still in love with the artwork and the writing is really great, that I'm just now noticing, I guess. The artwork must have been distracting from the well done, yet to the point writing. I just wish more had happened in this volume. I'm shocked that I can't remember many of these characters, considering that The Stand is one of my favorite books. Maybe it is because there was SO many characters.

I'm sorry this is taking a while for me to get through. Half way, but I'm enjoying it!

Journal Entry 12 by BookBirds at Central Square, New York USA on Friday, January 10, 2014

Released 5 yrs ago (1/10/2014 UTC) at Central Square, New York USA

Sent out today! thanks again!

Journal Entry 13 by jare at Tampa, Florida USA on Tuesday, January 14, 2014
All six volumes made it to Florida safely today.

Journal Entry 14 by jare at Tampa, Florida USA on Sunday, April 06, 2014
In this volume, Nick and his group make it to Hemmingford House, and meet Mother Abigail. Stu and his group kill the rapists and rescue the ladies. Stu attempts an appendicitis. Yeah, another volume in The Stand, my favorite book ever! Awesomeness. Just sad that there are only three volumes left!