In Too Deep: Book One of the Looking Glass Trilogy (An Arcane Society Novel)

by jayne ann krentz | Romance |
Registered by loriped of Keizer, Oregon USA on 7/5/2013
Journal Entry 1 by loriped from Keizer, Oregon USA on Friday, July 05, 2013
Scargill Cove is the perfect place for Fallon Jones, confirmed recluse and investigator of the paranormal. It's a hot spot, a convergence point for unusually strong currents of energy, which might explain why the town attracts misfits and drifters like moths to a flame. Now someone else has been drawn to the Cove-Isabella Valdez, on the run from some very dangerous men.

When she starts work as Fallon's assistant, Isabella impresses him by organizing his pathologically chaotic office-and doesn't bat an eye at the psychic aspect of his job. She's a kindred spirit, a sanctuary from a world that considers his talents a form of madness. But after a routine case unearths an antique clock infused with dark energy, Fallon and Isabella are dragged into the secret history of Scargill Cove and forced to fight for their lives, as they unravel a cutthroat conspiracy with roots in the Jones family business . . . and Isabella's family tree.

Journal Entry 2 by loriped at Keizer, Oregon USA on Sunday, April 06, 2014
Sending out in my Shrinking Romance BookBox.

Journal Entry 3 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Sunday, June 08, 2014
Taking this one from Loriped's Shrinking Romance Bookbox. This looks good! Thanks for hosting this bookbox.

Journal Entry 4 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Tuesday, January 13, 2015
My Review: This was a fun read! Mix a detective story with paranormal with suspenseful romance story and you get this. I loved the relationship between Fallon and Isabella. It reminded me of an old detective movie with Humphrey Bogart and Lauren Bacall. I look forward to reading more in this series.

Released 5 yrs ago (3/29/2015 UTC) at ~~~ ♥ ~~~ A Friend ~~~ ♥ ~~~, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

Giving to Angellc. I think she might like this book.