Three Act Tragedy (Poirot)

by Agatha Christie | Mystery & Thrillers |
ISBN: 0007120907 Global Overview for this book
Registered by Cassandra2020 of Roslin, Scotland United Kingdom on 7/4/2013
Journal Entry 1 by Cassandra2020 from Roslin, Scotland United Kingdom on Thursday, July 04, 2013
Three Act Tragedy by Agatha Christie - good

So, I'm an Agatha Christie addict. I'm slowly working through her books as I find them in charity shops or bookcrossing and use them as comfort reading when I need respite from something heavy going or my annual stats are down & I need a quick read. This time it was the stats.

Of course, this one has been adapted for TV and I've seen it and, more to the point, can actually remember the plot. Normally that doesn't spoil it for me but, for a change, the TV version stuck very closely to the book and I knew from page 1 'whodonit'.

Still a good read, enough changes from my remembrances to make it worthwhile and of course, written to the usual AC standards. Not too many ouch moments with the use of non-pc language either.

A good read.

Journal Entry 2 by Cassandra2020 at Biblos, Chambers Street in Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Thursday, July 04, 2013

Released 5 yrs ago (7/4/2013 UTC) at Biblos, Chambers Street in Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom

I plan ‘releasing’ this book at the next Edinburgh Bookcrossing Meet-up. The Edinburgh BookCrossing meetings are held every first Thursday of the month - we’re currently hosted by Biblos bar and restaurant on the corner of Chambers Street and North Bridge.

Journal Entry 3 by wingLittleSuzwing at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Friday, July 05, 2013
Picked up at meetup, thanks

Journal Entry 4 by wingLittleSuzwing at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Saturday, February 09, 2019
This was a very good Christie. A puzzling and clever plot with plenty of red herrings along the way. It's hard to describe my favourite bits without giving stuff away, but this is one of those where Poirot's 'little grey cells' do an excellent job of spotting the question that no one else has thought to ask, and eventually all the secrets emerge as a result.

Journal Entry 5 by wingLittleSuzwing at Filmhouse Cinema in Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Saturday, February 09, 2019

Released 5 days ago (2/10/2019 UTC) at Filmhouse Cinema in Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom

To be released at the Old Gang meetup.

If you are new to bookcrossing - welcome and congratulations for finding a book! Please leave a journal entry to let me and any other readers know where it has gone and what you thought of it.

Journal Entry 6 by bookfrogster at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Tuesday, February 12, 2019
Caught at the meet up. Thank you!