The History of England

FREE BOOK!
by Jane Austen | History | This book has not been rated.
Registered by winglunaciawing of Grünerløkka bydel, Oslo fylke Norway on 12/10/2018
Journal Entry 1 by winglunaciawing from Grünerløkka bydel, Oslo fylke Norway on Monday, December 10, 2018
"The History of England" is a 1791 novel by English author Jane Austen. Written when she was just fifteen years old (it includes her original spelling quirks), it is a humorous burlesque on the popular history books contemporarily used in school. Within it, Austen comically mimics the style of writing characteristic of these books, mocking the dubious objectivity of the historians in question.

Journal Entry 2 by winglunaciawing at Grünerløkka bydel, Oslo fylke Norway on Friday, December 14, 2018
I have been a Jane Austen fan since I first read Pride and Prejudice over 20 years ago. That's why I picked this book up. It's pretty obvious that this os something she wrote in her teens. It's fun, and I did enjoy it, but it's far from as good as her novels.

Journal Entry 3 by winglunaciawing at Oslo Sentrum, Oslo fylke Norway on Thursday, December 20, 2018

Released 4 mos ago (12/16/2018 UTC) at Oslo Sentrum, Oslo fylke Norway

Happy Holidays!

Journal Entry 4 by wingHaugtussawing at Stavanger, Rogaland fylke Norway on Saturday, December 29, 2018
Thank you!
A Jane Austen I haven't read yet, is always a treat.