Talking to Strange Men

by Ruth Rendell | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by wingdark-dracowing of Ledbury, Herefordshire United Kingdom on 6/30/2013
Journal Entry 1 by wingdark-dracowing from Ledbury, Herefordshire United Kingdom on Sunday, June 30, 2013
When my friend was clearing out an old storeroom at her workplace, she found a huge number of books tucked away out of sight. Rather than see them thrown out, I kindly offered to adopt them all for BookCrossing.

Journal Entry 2 by wingdark-dracowing at Ledbury, Herefordshire United Kingdom on Thursday, September 5, 2019
Grrr ... had to give up on this one. Just got very, very, very bored. The premise seemed promising, but by page 100, not really much had happened. The main character is a bit of drip and although I found the whole 'spy' ring fascinating, I started longing for anything interesting to occur. Not one for me.

Released 2 yrs ago (9/16/2019 UTC) at -- Controlled Release, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

This book has been released as part of the Oppem’s International Birthday RABCK Group 2019. I hope you like your goodies and have a brilliant day.

Journal Entry 4 by wingcarelaisawing at Québec, Québec Canada on Saturday, October 5, 2019
Thank you! I am looking forward to read it.

Journal Entry 5 by wingcarelaisawing at Québec, Québec Canada on Sunday, December 22, 2019
Usually, I enjoy reading novels by this British author. But this time around, it wasn’t the case. I don’t know where she wanted to go with this story, but I felt that the whole novel was a failure. She usually good with building characters and playing with psychology and the motives behind the crime. Here, it seems that she used a child-game and make it like it was real, so much that another character thought it was a gang exchanging messages and tried to crack the code. The whole story seemed like it would never end, it dragged on and on, without having any real meaning. Overall, it was a disappointment for me this novel, as I was used to much better writing and plotting from this author.