Housewife Up

by Alison Penton Harper | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
ISBN: 033044638x Global Overview for this book
Registered by xtrdnry of Parkdale, Victoria Australia on 6/26/2013
Journal Entry 1 by xtrdnry from Parkdale, Victoria Australia on Wednesday, June 26, 2013
""Heaven save us from ourselves. And if you can't manage that, I'd settle for saving me from me. Just when I thought it was safe to go back in the water, here I am again, drowning for all to see. Not waving, as the troubled swimmer once famously said. I busied myself with any household task I could find . . .""

Recently widowed but putting a brave face on it all (thanks to a not insignificant windfall) Helen's only problem, it seems, is the imminent arrival of her fortieth birthday. Not something she can possibly avoid, ignore or sulk about - not with friends like Leoni and sisters like Julia around . . .

And there is much to celebrate. A beautiful new flat, gorgeous hospitable neighbours and a delicious sense of freedom that only money can buy. Until, that is, money becomes the one big fat problem in Helen's life and she becomes part of the unwilling army of the employed. But it is no ordinary job that Helen is qualified for, in fact she is qualified for precious little, which leads to her first ever encounter with 'the boss from hell'

Journal Entry 2 by xtrdnry at Green Sage Cafe in Templestowe, Victoria Australia on Friday, July 12, 2013

Released 6 yrs ago (7/13/2013 UTC) at Green Sage Cafe in Templestowe, Victoria Australia

Leaving at the Green Sage cafe

Journal Entry 3 by Ahoernchen at Templestowe, Victoria Australia on Saturday, October 12, 2013
Picked up at the Meet Up at the Green Sage Cafe today.

Journal Entry 4 by Ahoernchen at Seaford, Victoria Australia on Thursday, July 02, 2015
I have started to read this book a few days ago. It will travel further with the 3 kg book bag from J4shaw.

Journal Entry 5 by Ahoernchen at Seaford, Victoria Australia on Monday, July 27, 2015
So I read to the point, when they found out, the future to be husband of their friend is cheating. And the main character says it's non of our business. .....

Buy, buy book. That was a quick finish and it will travel with the 3 kg book bag.

28/7/2015 I didn't get much into the book, so this is a reason I let it go early.

Journal Entry 6 by Ahoernchen at Seaford, Victoria Australia on Thursday, July 30, 2015

Released 4 yrs ago (7/31/2015 UTC) at Seaford, Victoria Australia

Will go on its journey with the 3 kg Aussie book bag

Journal Entry 7 by naelea at Albury, New South Wales Australia on Monday, September 21, 2015
Received as part of my first bookbag. To be sent to Tantan.

Journal Entry 8 by alice2623663 at Wollongong, New South Wales Australia on Thursday, November 12, 2015
Taken from the bag- thanks!