Dead to the World (Sookie Stackhouse/True Blood)

by Charlaine Harris | Science Fiction & Fantasy | This book has not been rated.
Registered by trekwoman of -- Somewhere in the state --, California USA on 6/24/2013
Journal Entry 1 by trekwoman from -- Somewhere in the state --, California USA on Monday, June 24, 2013
Paperback. Purchased in good used condition from ACS-DS, BH.

Sookie's story is somewhat amusing. I might like the television program better, but since those stories are based on this book series, I always opt to read the books first. She suffers from the same types of problems we all have: loving the wrong guy while waiting for someone else who is equally alluring yet unavailable to become available, working at what is not our most ideal job in order to pay the bills, some sketchy family history, and friends that might be better classed as acquaintances or even enemies. Then there are "all the damn vampires" (to paraphrase another vamp scenario-- "The Lost Boys", anyone?).

For me, I won't go calling this a beach book. It's more of a I-only-paid-fifteen-cents-for-this type of book until I can find something I like a little better. If you're a fan of the Stephanie Plum series written by Janet Evanovich, and you like otherworldly stuff, this might be your thing. I've read two, and that was sufficient for me.

Released 5 yrs ago (6/26/2013 UTC) at -- Bus/stop (see notes for details) in Los Angeles, California USA

Released at Wilshire Blvd/LaCienega blvd. WB.