Presumed Innocent

by Scott Turow | Mystery & Thrillers | This book has not been rated.
Registered by mlbish of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania USA on 12/13/2003
Journal Entry 1 by mlbish from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania USA on Saturday, December 13, 2003
Came with a bulk purchase. Hope someone likes it.

Chicago defense attorney Turow, formerly a U.S. prosecutor, capitalizes on his intimate knowledge of the courtroom in an impressive first novel that matches Anatomy of a Murder in its intensity and verisimilitude. With the calculating genius of a good lawyer (and writer), Turow, author of the nonfiction One L, draws the reader into a grittily realistic portrait of big city political corruption that climaxes with a dramatic murder trial in which every dark twist of legal statute and human nature is convincingly revealed. The novel's present tense puts the reader firmly in the mind of narrator Rusty Sabich, a married prosecuting attorney whose affair with a colleague comes back to haunt him after she is brutally raped and murdered. Sabich's professional and personal lives begin to mingle painfully when he becomes the accused. His is a gripping and provocative dilemma: "Sitting in court, I actually forget who is on trial at certain moments. . . . And once we get back to the office, I can be a lawyer again, attacking the books, making notes and memos." Turow's ability to forge the reader's identification with the protagonist, his insightful characterizations of Sabich's legal colleagues and the overwhelming sense he conveys of being present in the courtroom are his most brilliant and satisfying contributions to what may become a literary crime classic.

Journal Entry 2 by mlbish from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania USA on Friday, April 2, 2004
Sent to MarciNYC for the m-bag to Australia. Hope you enjoy them, Newk and company!

Journal Entry 3 by newk from Adelaide, South Australia Australia on Wednesday, August 4, 2004
Thanks mlbish for this contribution to Australian bookcrossing. Like many in the M bags I would like to read this **one day**. But for the moment it is off to wombles in queensland, as part of a baby M bag.
I hope that wombles has fun with it and provides a good home.
I reckon that Marci has probably been to Queensland, but have you Mlbish? It is a vast state at the north east corner of Australia. Most of its population lives along the south east coast. In Brisbane the capital, and the evergrowing areas to its north and south. To the south is "The Gold Coast", which includes Surfers Paradise. This area runs almost to the New South Wales border. To the north is "The Sunshine Coast", a less built up area full of lovely places to visit and eat and drink. And golf courses!
A fair bit further north is the Great Barrier Reef. One of the "must visit" places in the world.
That's enuff from me. Over to wombles. Please enjoy this book.

Journal Entry 4 by wombles from Caboolture, Queensland Australia on Monday, August 9, 2004
This looks interesting! Might read this one!
I live kinda half way between the gold and sunshine coasts! The Goldshine Coast! lol just joking!

Journal Entry 5 by wombles at on Thursday, November 11, 2004
Released on Sunday, November 14, 2004 at about 12:00:00 AM BX time (GMT-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada) at Bookcrossing Convention in Sydney, Australia Controlled Releases.

Journal Entry 6 by futurecat from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Sunday, November 14, 2004
Picked up at the fantastic BC-AUS convention. It looked like it needed to travel, so I brought it back to Christchurch, and will release it somewhere interesting...

^ ^
=+=
v

Released on Tuesday, December 14, 2004 at about 1:00:00 AM BX time (GMT-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada) at Arts Centre in Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand.

On a bench in the cloisters.