Doctor Who: The Space Age

by Steve Lyons | Science Fiction & Fantasy |
Registered by Davros-10 of Banyo, Queensland Australia on 6/14/2013
Journal Entry 1 by Davros-10 from Banyo, Queensland Australia on Friday, June 14, 2013
Ex-library paperback.

This is the city: a technological paradise built by an advanced race. Its glittering towers reach proudly for the stars, and its spires are looped by elevated roadways.

The people that lived here were enlightened and contented. They travelled in bubble-topped saucer cars, along moving pavements or in anti-gravity tubes. Obedient robots tended to their every whim. Disease, war, famine and pollution had been eradicated. Food machines synthesised all essential nutrients into pill form, and personal rocket ships brought the solar system within reach. The people of the city befriended Venusians and Martians alike.

The city is self-cleansing. Its systems harness solar power and static electricity. Its buildings are constructed from a metal that will never rust or tarnish. It will stand forever as a monument to the achievements of the human race.

This is Earth. The year is 2000 AD. This is your future.

Welcome to the Space Age.

This is another in the series of original adventures for the Eighth Doctor.

Journal Entry 2 by Davros-10 at Lutwyche, Queensland Australia on Sunday, June 30, 2013

Released 7 yrs ago (6/30/2013 UTC) at Lutwyche, Queensland Australia

Welcome to BookCrossing!

Thanks for checking the site out. I hope you enjoy both the book and the site. People all over the world are tracking their books through BookCrossing. While you're here, I'd really appreciate it if you'd make a journal entry for this book so I know that it's safe. You may choose to remain anonymous or to join (it's free).

If you do decide to become a BookCrosser please consider using me, Davros-10, as the member who referred you. If you are already familiar with BookCrossing, thanks for picking up the book, I hope it is one you were looking for!

Please feel free to keep this book for as long as you wish, and whenever you're ready pass it on to a friend, or leave it "in the wild" for someone else to find. Then watch its journey - you'll be alerted by email each time someone makes a new journal entry. It's all confidential, free and fun (and addictive - but in a GOOD way)!

Mailed to juli2007. I hope you enjoy this 8th Doctor adventure.

Also counts towards the 2013 Never Judge A Book By Its Cover Release Challenge: Week 26 (Quarter 2 Do-over - W21: Red, White & Blue on the Cover).

Journal Entry 3 by juli2007 at Beachmere, Queensland Australia on Friday, July 05, 2013
Thank you Davros!