A Visit from the Goon Squad

by Jennifer Egan | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
ISBN: 1849019916 Global Overview for this book
Registered by wingsakirmowing of Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland on 6/10/2013
Journal Entry 1 by wingsakirmowing from Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland on Monday, June 10, 2013
For some reason I found it really difficult to get into these stories and people in them, and most of the time couldn't really remember who was who and how their lives were supposed to be linked. The only person I managed to keep track of was Sasha, probably because she was mentoned first! So this might not be the fault of the book or author, perhaps just my concentration skills at the moment...

** EDIT 3/2016: just goes to show how difficult it was for me to get into the stories: I now started reading this same book in Finnish & went through over 100 pages without realizing that I've already read this. It was only when I happened to take a look at the original title of the book, which I recognized, and even recalled the cover of that particular book... So I had to do a search here to check whether I actually read it or just released for BC, but apparently I did also read it then :P And yes, seems to be just as hard to concentrate on it in Finnish as it was in English, so I think I'll just give up. Now I'm stuck for an hour-long bus ride without a book though, what a bummer!!

Journal Entry 2 by wingsakirmowing at Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland on Thursday, May 22, 2014

Released 6 yrs ago (5/25/2014 UTC) at Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland

The book is FINALLY ready to travel to Annimanni, via wishlist tag game

Journal Entry 3 by wingAnnimanniwing at Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Saturday, August 16, 2014
Thank you!

Journal Entry 4 by wingAnnimanniwing at Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Sunday, August 04, 2019
I thoroughly enjoyed this sad, funny, wise and very human collection of interlinked stories. I liked the way each chapter had its own tone and mood (the PowerPoint one was genius) yet Egan managed to weave them together very skilfully. I think her characters will linger in my mind for quite a while. Recommended reading!

Journal Entry 5 by wingAnnimanniwing at Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Saturday, August 10, 2019

Released 1 yr ago (8/17/2019 UTC) at Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland

Lauseen mitalla -nappaus, hyviä lukuhetkiä! Enjoy!

Journal Entry 6 by Chania at Kokkola, Keski-Pohjanmaa / Mellersta Österbotten Finland on Sunday, August 18, 2019
Thank you, this sounds good!

Journal Entry 7 by Chania at Kokkola, Keski-Pohjanmaa / Mellersta Österbotten Finland on Monday, June 08, 2020
I liked this a lot - the connection with the stories and people, the atmosphere/mood etc. Yes, very good!

Journal Entry 8 by Chania at Pori, Satakunta Finland on Sunday, September 20, 2020

Released 1 mo ago (9/20/2020 UTC) at Pori, Satakunta Finland

This book is hiding itself in the box of goodies, that goes to Alejanda :)

Journal Entry 9 by Alejanda at Pori, Satakunta Finland on Wednesday, September 23, 2020
Thank you Chania!