The Shell Seekers

by Rosamunde Pilcher | Women's Fiction |
ISBN: 0440202043 Global Overview for this book
Registered by wheepaperclips of Allentown, Pennsylvania USA on 6/2/2013
Journal Entry 1 by wheepaperclips from Allentown, Pennsylvania USA on Sunday, June 02, 2013
The Shell Seekers is a novel of connection: of one family, and of the passions and heartbreak that have held them together for three generations. The Shell Seekers is filled with real people--mothers and daughters, husband and lovers--inspired with real values. The Shell Seekers centers on Penelope Keeling--a woman you'll always remember in world you'll never forget. The Shell Seekers is a magical novel, the kind of reading experience that comes along only one in a long while.

At the end of a long and useful life, Penelope Keeling's prized possession is The Shell Seekers, painted by her father, and symbolizing her unconventional life, from bohemian childhood to wartime romance. When her grown children learn their grandfather's work is now worth a fortune, each has an idea as to what Penelope should do. But as she recalls the passions, tragedies, and secrets of her life, she knows there is only one answer...and it lies in her heart.

Journal Entry 2 by wheepaperclips at Allentown, Pennsylvania USA on Monday, June 03, 2013

Released 7 yrs ago (6/4/2013 UTC) at Allentown, Pennsylvania USA

Mailed to the winner of the May 2013 Happy Day Sweeps.

Congratulations! I hope you enjoy it.

Journal Entry 3 by T02S03B11D20 at Springport, Michigan USA on Friday, June 07, 2013
Thanks for sending this book. I was so surprised when you wrote that I was the winner of the Happy Day Sweeps.

Journal Entry 4 by T02S03B11D20 at Horsham, Pennsylvania USA on Monday, October 21, 2013

Released 7 yrs ago (10/22/2013 UTC) at Horsham, Pennsylvania USA

Being sent for a wish list tag. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 5 by wingReallyBookishwing at Horsham, Pennsylvania USA on Saturday, October 26, 2013
This book just arrived today as part of the wishlist tag game. Thank you so much, T02S03B11D20!

I'm not sure when I can get to it... probably not until grad school is finished, but I'm looking forward to reading it!

Many thanks again.

Journal Entry 6 by wingReallyBookishwing at Furlong, Pennsylvania USA on Saturday, April 04, 2020
A lengthy family saga that richly rewards the reader. This book is one of those rarest of finds: a perfect novel. Pilcher's descriptions of landscapes and her observations on human nature are pitch perfect. I enjoyed every word!