The Shell Seekers

by Rosamunde Pilcher | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingmiketrollwing on 6/1/2013
Journal Entry 1 by wingmiketrollwing on Saturday, June 01, 2013
Rosamunde Pilcher's most popular novel, and possibly her best.

Journal Entry 2 by wingmiketrollwing at Cardiff, Wales United Kingdom on Saturday, July 12, 2014

Released 4 yrs ago (7/12/2014 UTC) at Cardiff, Wales United Kingdom

By hand to sherlockfan on one of her rare visits from NZ. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 3 by Sherlockfan at Upper Hutt, Wellington Province New Zealand on Saturday, October 25, 2014
I read this book during a tedious series of flight delays and long flights home to NZ on the 17/18th August. I'd been aware of this book for years and not been attracted to it partly because of its 670 pages and partly because it did not look like the crime type of books I fancy.
When Mike offered me a book I was pleased indeed to he having a book from him but not overly enthusiastic. I must apologize for those slightly negative thoughts. I found it most enjoyable on a whole lot of fronts and it certainly meant that all the vicissitudes of our disrupted travel really passed in a haze because I so enjoyed the book.
Once I settled back at home and into quite boring daily routine mid winter with foul weather I was visiting a close and dear friend whose husband had died a few months previously and she was grieving. I offered her the book for distraction. She was aware of the book and keen to have it. Didn't treat it as a Release.
Sadly, 5 days ago I was at her funeral. She had suffered an extremely serious stroke just a few weeks beforehand and was no longer with us. It is my personal opinion that she died of a broken heart - they were a very close couple.
I plan to keep the book in my Personal Collection as I am sure I'll read it again.
Mike, you did good!

I can hardly bear to part with this - it was passed on to me by the GREAT Mike Troll when we were travelling near his home and were able to visit him. What a wonderful guy he was and everyone I know who knew him was an enamored with him as I was. Well, perhaps some of those who engaged with him on one the forums perhaps just really enjoyed the verbal debates.
Mike I really miss you. Hope you can slay 'em all up there where you are.

Journal Entry 5 by wombles at Caboolture, Queensland Australia on Sunday, July 29, 2018
Picked up at Meetup today from Sherlockfan. Lovely to see you again :)
I never got to meet Miketroll but I've heard lots of good things about him.
I'll add this to me shelf, to be read :)