Dewey: The Small-town Library-cat Who Touched the World

by Vicki Myron | Pets & Animals |
Registered by JemmaJ of Towcester, Northamptonshire United Kingdom on 10/5/2018
Journal Entry 1 by JemmaJ from Towcester, Northamptonshire United Kingdom on Friday, October 05, 2018
To the finder of this book:

Hello and congratulations! You have not only found yourself a good book, but a whole community of booklovers dedicated to sharing books with each other and the world. I hope you'll stick around a bit and get to know BookCrossing --maybe even make a journal entry on this book. You may choose to remain anonymous or to join (its free!) Feel free to read and keep this book, or to pass it on to a friend or even set it out "in the wild" for someone else to find like you did. If you do choose to join and journal, then you can watch the book as it travels- You'll be alerted by email each time someone makes another journal entry. It's all confidential (you're known only by your screen name and no one is ever given your e-mail address), free, and spam-free. Please feel free to use me as your member referral - JemmaJ

Happy reading!

JemmaJ

Journal Entry 2 by JemmaJ at Ipswich, Suffolk United Kingdom on Friday, October 05, 2018

Released 5 mos ago (10/6/2018 UTC) at Ipswich, Suffolk United Kingdom

Released as part of the "Book Swap" game at the Ipswich UnConvention 2018

Journal Entry 3 by snoopy56 at Ormesby St Margaret, Norfolk United Kingdom on Saturday, October 06, 2018
I have already read this book so I will be releasing this copy again soon. It isn’t my usual choice of book (I think it was a present) but I do remember enjoying it and reaching for the tissues at the end !

Journal Entry 4 by snoopy56 at North Walsham, Norfolk United Kingdom on Wednesday, December 05, 2018

Released 3 mos ago (12/6/2018 UTC) at North Walsham, Norfolk United Kingdom

I won this book in the book swap game at the Ipswich uncon. Since I had already read it I am passing it on to fellow bookcrosser Daffodil-2.

Journal Entry 5 by daffodil-2 at North Walsham, Norfolk United Kingdom on Thursday, December 06, 2018
Received today from Snoopy56 when we met for lunch. Thanks very much. Being a cat lover I'm really looking forward to reading this asap.

Journal Entry 6 by daffodil-2 at Norwich, Norfolk United Kingdom on Saturday, January 05, 2019
Just looking to find a new home for this book. Review to follow asap

Journal Entry 7 by daffodil-2 at Norwich, Norfolk United Kingdom on Sunday, January 06, 2019
REVIEW:-"I enjoyed this book with its mixture of cat adoration and appreciation plus the interesting, if harrowing, story of the author and her medical history and family background. Dewey certainly sounded like an exceptional animal and I would have loved to have met him."

Journal Entry 8 by daffodil-2 at North Walsham, Norfolk United Kingdom on Sunday, January 06, 2019

Released 2 mos ago (1/8/2019 UTC) at North Walsham, Norfolk United Kingdom

This book will be left on the Cameo Café bookshelf eventually but initially I will offer it to two of our visitors who I feel may enjoy it.

to place on their shelves and discard the rest-so another bad release option.

Journal Entry 9 by daffodil-2 at North Walsham, Norfolk United Kingdom on Tuesday, January 08, 2019

Released 2 mos ago (1/8/2019 UTC) at North Walsham, Norfolk United Kingdom

This book was given to Evelyn, one of our regular visitors to the Cameo Café.

to place on their shelves and discard the rest-so another bad release option.

Journal Entry 10 by daffodil-2 at North Walsham, Norfolk United Kingdom on Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Released 1 mo ago (2/12/2019 UTC) at North Walsham, Norfolk United Kingdom

This book was returned to the Cameo Café bookshelf recently and I have today given it to Ros, one of our volunteers. Ros is an animal lover and I think she will enjoy the book. (Evelyn reported that she had also enjoyed it including the story of the cat's foster carer who worked at the library).

to place on their shelves and discard the rest-so another bad release option.

Journal Entry 11 by daffodil-2 at Norwich, Norfolk United Kingdom on Tuesday, February 26, 2019
Returned to the Cameo café bookshelf today by Ros who said she really enjoyed it. (I have one or two other people in mind who may also enjoy this book so will pass it to one of them asap).

Journal Entry 12 by daffodil-2 at North Walsham, Norfolk United Kingdom on Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Released 2 days ago (3/19/2019 10:00 AM UTC) at North Walsham, Norfolk United Kingdom

This book was given to my friend Margaret J at the Cameo Café yesterday.